Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega

Company »

Sega is a long-running Japanese company responsible for arcade hits like Space Harrier, home consoles like the Dreamcast, and franchises such as Sonic the Hedgehog.

The Best Game On The Mega Drive?

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By mattysen

Well, when I was a kid, the Mega Drive was my consle. Me and my brother grew up upon its warm glow from the TV set, funny ass adverts and cheesy sound clips. Recently he picked up that "40 Mega Drive Hits" or whatever that compilation is called for his PS3. Stright away the nostalgia hit me, reminded me of the simple times and reminded me of how crappy the majority of my child hood was......Anyway thats a story for another day!

So were flicking through all these games that made me constainly say " Oh yeah! I remember this!" untill we finaly hit what i think is the best game on the Mega Drive..
    Streets of Rage! And had a marathon of that for about 4 hours with no toliet breaks. That was the best game back then and still is on the Mega Drive in my opionion. And 2 is equally as good aswell (mabye a tad bit better, but you know).

Runners up I'm gonna say are:
    Sonic 1
    Bananza Brothers
    Golden Axe 
    Sonic 2 
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen

Well, when I was a kid, the Mega Drive was my consle. Me and my brother grew up upon its warm glow from the TV set, funny ass adverts and cheesy sound clips. Recently he picked up that "40 Mega Drive Hits" or whatever that compilation is called for his PS3. Stright away the nostalgia hit me, reminded me of the simple times and reminded me of how crappy the majority of my child hood was......Anyway thats a story for another day!

So were flicking through all these games that made me constainly say " Oh yeah! I remember this!" untill we finaly hit what i think is the best game on the Mega Drive..
    Streets of Rage! And had a marathon of that for about 4 hours with no toliet breaks. That was the best game back then and still is on the Mega Drive in my opionion. And 2 is equally as good aswell (mabye a tad bit better, but you know).

Runners up I'm gonna say are:
    Sonic 1
    Bananza Brothers
    Golden Axe 
    Sonic 2 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Just based on the fact that I played it a billion times, I would say Sonic 2 was my fav. The Lost Vikings was another great one.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stevokenevo

I too was a mega-drive kid as first console.  My favourite game is either Streets of Rage 2 or Rings of Power.  But hell, thinking back on it, there were so many games I really enjoyed wasting my early years on.......I need to go get that Sega compilation.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

Streets of Rage 2 isn't just the best Megadrive game of all time, its the best game of all time, period.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.