Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 26, 2015

The busty ninja girls of Senran Kagura burst onto consoles with this hack and slash follow up to Shinovi Versus.

17 minutes of gameplay

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By DarkbeatDK

Senran Kagura Estival Versus is the first game in the series to leave the handheld consoles and make the jump to PlayStation 4. With no sort of touch-screen interface to interact with the characters, it might have diverted the series from it's original intent set forth by it's creator, but it does allow for extra graphical fidelity.

As can be seen in the gameplay below, Estival Versus runs at a silky-smooth 60 fps, which is the most important feature of modern video games, if you are to believe numerous forum threads and comments on articles around the net.

Personally, I like musou games a lot, but Senran Kagura has always been a bit too simple, with no real objective other than defeating everything on screen... Let's see how this one turns out!

The video below is NSFW and generally, probably shouldn't be watched by people

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Those are improbable boobs. They perk up like fake ones but jiggle like no fake boob has ever jiggled before. And the nipple placement must be all kinds of messed up. So... just business as usual.

Is there like one futa girl in there and instead of lots of boobie bounce there's a bunch of crotch jiggle? And why is "eyepatch girl" an archetype?

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cool, those are a delicious amount of frames. I'd be interested in an anime style, high frame rate, crazy musou game that didn't have this fetischism angle. Stuff looks sharp.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another new snippet of gameplay has popped up, showcasing new and old characters. One of the new ones, Renka, seems to have a very cool moveset revolving around fighting with Taiko Drumsticks.

This video seems to be just recorded in standard 30 frames, but the game does still run at 60.

Skip about a minute ahead to get to the gameplay and as always with these games, it's kinda NSFW and really shouldn't be watched by anyone.

Loading Video...

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

"Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Even despite the wonky translation, there is something very wrong with this man.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I hope that Senran Kagura never stops being a thing. Also that thumbnail for the second video. o_0

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, the gameplay looks better than Dynasty Warriors.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Man, virtually everything these games are selling I find to be such a turn off. Ironic, considering their intention... I typically have little quarrel with perviness in games, but it's such a core element to this series that even I can't help but find them really offputting.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have bought every Senran Kagura game. Some of them twice. I'll probably buy this too.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previously I wrote these games off without giving them a second chance.

Figuring I should at least know what I think is exploitative crap, I watched a bit of the first video in this thread. AAAANNNNNIIIIMMMMEEEEE. Well whatever. Almost didn't make it past the part 5 seconds in where one girl spanked the other, it was rather cringe-worthy. Figuring that the video would never hit gameplay, I looked at the second video in this thread.

So... is this game Dynasty Warriers, but with air combos, and DOA style boobs? Because that's sure as hell what it seems like to me. Very creepy. If someone says "but no wait there's a deep and meaningful story in this game!" that just strikes me as very hard to believe, because you have to get past the creepy part. I mean c'mon, let's be mature adults here and not juvenile 15 year olds, how can you look at those trailers and tell me this game is not creepy as fuck? I thought these games sounded creepy even BEFORE I saw these trailers, but hell I like anime sometimes so wtf I'd look at it... and it just strikes me as super creepy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@belegorm: Actually, the writing is very good. No joke. A lot of the back stories of the girls are very well done its easy to write these games off as "oh its dynasty warriors with boobs" but you'd be wrong in a lot of respects. First off its not entirely a musou game there are elements of 3D action games like Dissidia Final Fantasy in there as well. The combat systems are actually deep enough to require strategy. You have guard crushers, air combos, parries,combo breakers and special moves. Hell, you can even extend your combo DMC style by taunting mid-combo. For a game that could have gotten away with letting you mash the square button and flashing tits on the screen they put a hell of a lot of effort into the game play portion of these games.

Shinovi Versus for the Vita was 100% non-ironically my 3rd favorite game last year. Still plugging away at it still months later to get the platinum trophy.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@belegorm: I'd call it less creepy and more self-aware. Some moments are clearly playing off player expectations of a scene in a really funny way. You can argue that they are still exploitative and creepy, sure, but it at least isn't without some positive comedic intent.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taiko girl fights in a manner that reminds me of Ongeki Rider Hibiki. Makes me wish there was a good Kamen Rider musou style game out there.

I played Battride War, that game is trash.

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
    LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belegorm: There's something about overt, pervy content in games like these that transcends sexual allure and becomes extremely comical... For me at least.

Maybe I just have a sort of ironic appreciation of the Japanese way of sexualizing everything, because of how ridiculous it is.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

hmmm!

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

"gameplay"

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Man I've never seen an interview with a voice actor or actress that seemed so highly energetic before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.