Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Before the Echo

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 05, 2011

An Xbox Live Arcade Indie Games and PC release that combines Dance Dance Revolution-style combat into an RPG world.

Any good?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sawtooth

Saw this just came out on steam, will probably pick it up eventually but was wondering if any Giantbombers had any thoughts on it.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By countinhallways

I picked it up earlier today but am yet to play it. I have heard only good things about it plus the devs are active on the steam forums and seem like thoroughly nice blokes. Those two facts, combined with its low-low price and fairly unique mix of game styles, made the game a must-buy for me. 

If I get around to playing it soon (doubtful due to Dark Souls consuming my... soul) and remember this thread (doubtful, due to my own stupid mind) I will post back here with some thoughts.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Gav47

The game is simple and fun so far, its the only rhythm game with RPG trappings I've ever seen so its pretty unique experience as well.. I'm not really enjoying the voice acting, apart form the first first boss battle which is pretty light hearted and funny.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ervonymous

If you're into Stepmania style rhythm games, yes. There are still some issues with crashing and the lack of 1080p is a bit of a bummer but the devs are actively working on it, they don't have the art assets for full HD but they said they're going to figure something out.

I find the characters likable and most of the puns, jokes and dialogue are funny or at least inoffensive. It's a miracle such a cheap game has voice acting in the first place and you can turn it off it it's not to your liking. I'm always looking forward to what's going to happen in a cutscene, something I sure as hell didn't expect from a rhythm game.

6 hours in on hard, I'm on the fifth floor.

Oh, the music's alright too.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

Dude on gaf was giving it away to everybody who posted in his thread, it had over 10k posts.

Have yet to play it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

I looked at the screenshots but wasn't able to parse what was going on. 

Is it like Puzzle Quest, but instead of Bejeweled you play DDR, or am I completely misrepresenting this game?

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Liber

@ajamafalous said:

I looked at the screenshots but wasn't able to parse what was going on. Is it like Puzzle Quest, but instead of Bejeweled you play DDR, or am I completely misrepresenting this game?

That's what it looks like on screenshots and video. I picked it up, going to see what its all about.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By DarkShaper

It is really good, I got a fair bit into the 360 version. I really need to go back and finish it.

deadno0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By deadno0b

I am really digging this game. I should say that I got a free code off Neogaf, but I decided to donate to the devs. I thoroughly enjoy the dialogue. It isn't outstanding but something about it feels good to me. I've been laughing at most of the jokes along the way. The gameplay is fun and when you get into a rhythm of switching between the different fields very quickly and hitting notes in all of them, it is very satisfying.

I highly recommend you check it out - it is worth more than the $5 they are charging on steam IMO.

I did have some crashing issues (4-5 times) on the first floor but for whatever reason it hasn't crashed since and now I am on the 4th floor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.