Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Serial Killer X

Character » appears in 2 games

The main antagonist in Condemned: Criminal Origins and a secondary antagonist in Condemned 2: Bloodshot.

The page's headline is a spoiler. Is that right?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The headline of this page gives the full identity of the killer. Shouldn't that be less obvious in the page?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

indeed, it is ok if it is in the Story section but the rest of the wiki should be spoiler free, at least that is how i remember it being said.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Endogene

oh wait a sec, this is a character page...
    I dont know now if this is ok or not, i am guessing it is.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

That is a spoiler. I personally think spoilers don't belong in Wiki's, but that's not my decision to make.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

If you're looking up the page, it's assumed you want as much information as possible, so even if it is a spoiler, it should be there.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb
    HandsomeDead said:
    "If you're looking up the page, it's assumed you want as much information as possible, so even if it is a spoiler, it should be there."

That is the reasoning why it is allowed there. I disagree with that.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead
    BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "If you're looking up the page, it's assumed you want as much information as possible, so even if it is a spoiler, it should be there."

That is the reasoning why it is allowed there. I disagree with that."
    But why? The odds of someone playing that game, not reaching the part where he's revealed as Leland and then coming here and genuinely not expecting to find out who he is is pretty slim
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru

When I write wikis I do say "may contain spoilers," myself. It's not a requirement, but I think it's a nice thing to do.

If a person was to look up this character, they would want to know information about him, correct? I don't know how people can't expect to be spoiled.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Endogene
    brukaoru said:
    "When I write wikis I do say "may contain spoilers," myself. It's not a requirement, but I think it's a nice thing to do.

If a person was to look up this character, they would want to know information about him, correct? I don't know how people can't expect to be spoiled."
    I agree with you buraoru. Game Wikis the least spoilers as possible, character pages all info there is.
    I would really like to see official guidelines by the staff so that we would not have to ponder about this.
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Megalon
    brukaoru said:
    "When I write wikis I do say "may contain spoilers," myself. It's not a requirement, but I think it's a nice thing to do.

If a person was to look up this character, they would want to know information about him, correct? I don't know how people can't expect to be spoiled."
    ^ This.
    breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By breton

For a game page, I could expect not to see spoilers(aside from plot section) - but a character page... eh.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Endogene said:
    "brukaoru said:

I agree with you buraoru. Game Wikis the least spoilers as possible, character pages all info there is.
    I would really like to see official guidelines by the staff so that we would not have to ponder about this."
    I don't think there are official guidelines but when Jeff was talking about BioShock on the podcast a while back, didn't he say that with spoilers, you should be given several weeks or something then it doesn't matter?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Megalon said:
    "brukaoru said:

^ This."

Fair enough, though this should be a requirement.
    Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tanuki
    Endogene said:
    "brukaoru said:

I would really like to see official guidelines by the staff so that we would not have to ponder about this."

Agreed.  Character pages should definaitly have as much information as possible on them.  But game wikis I'm kinda torn on.  On one hand, if I'm in the IRC, and someone says "Hey, you should play this game, it's my favorite game of all time!" and I go into the wiki to see what kind of game it is I don't want to be spoiled just checking it out.  But at the same time, there's games like Metal Gear Solid where you might want to go to the wiki strictly to try and understand what the HELL is going on in that game.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
    HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:

But why? The odds of someone playing that game, not reaching the part where he's revealed as Leland and then coming here and genuinely not expecting to find out who he is is pretty slim"
    That actually just happened with me - i just fought the bear :(
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead
    OmegaPirate said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:

But why? The odds of someone playing that game, not reaching the part where he's revealed as Leland and then coming here and genuinely not expecting to find out who he is is pretty slim"
    That actually just happened with me - i just fought the bear :("
    Ouch. May I ask, did you also play that bit and just be totally 'What the fuck...? A bear?'
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate

Yeah - and also, forgive me for asking, i could be missing something, byut what exploded after you fired the one shot at it? i was totally confused

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    OmegaPirate said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:

Did you wake up in the snow thinking...

Why am I in the snow? How the fuck did I get here? Who was dragging me?

I know I sure did.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Yeah - and also, forgive me for asking, i could be missing something, byut what exploded after you fired the one shot at it? i was totally confused"
    If it's the bit where you finally kill it, it's a conveniently placed gas canister.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Endogene

I can not wrap my mind around the concept that you fight a bear... i just can't.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OmegaPirate
    BiggerBomb said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "HandsomeDead said:

Did you wake up in the snow thinking...

Why am I in the snow? How the fuck did I get here? Who was dragging me?

I know I sure did."
    Yup 100% confusion and i totally had the exact same thoughts - im glad i wasnt alone

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.