Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 22, 2011

When Earth is in its final hour before extinction from alien hordes, it's up to one man to venture through an apocalyptic near-future Egypt and begin a journey to save humanity: Sam "Serious" Stone.

Why is this game getting such little critical attention.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By s10129107

The game has been out for a while and I'm hard pressed to find any reviews or coverage by major websites. There has been some preview build stuff but what gives? Why is the gaming media not really reviewing this game?

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By SerHulse

Wow, you know what? I didn't even know it came out. Hmm, there is a Wot I Think on RPS posted 5 days ago, I assumed they just posted before anyone else.

It could be because most of the big websites are American and they were off last week for Thanksgiving (RPS is written mainly by Brits)

I don't think there is some conspiracy behind it, but the almost complete lack of coverage is weird.

EDIT: Oh and Eurogamer have reviewed it, It's probably just a Thanksgiving thing

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

Because other than dedicated PC gaming sites/publications, it's rare that anyone will cover PC games.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ViciousReiven

Because the console versions arn't out yet most likely, and it's killing me because I'm a huge fan but can't run the PC version. :(

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By napalm

There wasn't much hype surrounding this game. It feels like only a few months ago did we see the 'alpha' gameplay footage. It will most likely have a cult following, especially considering how narrow, but dedicated, the old school fan-base is to these kinds of games.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By koolaid

All I know is that I downloaded it last night and it's awesome. And I didn't even get a co-op game in yet.

Speaking of, anyone up for 16 player co-op?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.