Don't Call Me Shirley: Serious Sam HD Giveaway

Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

This week marks the arrival of Serious Sam HD: The First Enounter on Xbox Live Arcade in all its screamy, no-headed glory. To celebrate, our goodly friends at Devolver Digital have furnished us with 10 XBLA download codes for the game to give away to you, dear readers. Which means that it's time for a truly ridiculous and arbitrary contest!

If there's one thing I've learned from the Giant Bomb forums, it's that there's no shortage of deeply disturbed individuals with access to Photoshop around here, which leads us to our Serious Sam HD giveaway challenge: We want to see your most serious Sam. Whether that means Samuel L. Jackson doing his taxes or Uncle Sam hosting a satellite radio show is wide open to interpretation, and we invite you to get creative and absurd with your photo editing skillz.

Post your submission in the comments below by end-of-day Sunday (01/17/2010), and we'll announce the winners on Monday (01/18/2010 for you math majors out there.) If you're looking for some inspirado, here's a refresher course in what makes Serious Sam so stupid awesome.

Staff
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

This week marks the arrival of Serious Sam HD: The First Enounter on Xbox Live Arcade in all its screamy, no-headed glory. To celebrate, our goodly friends at Devolver Digital have furnished us with 10 XBLA download codes for the game to give away to you, dear readers. Which means that it's time for a truly ridiculous and arbitrary contest!

If there's one thing I've learned from the Giant Bomb forums, it's that there's no shortage of deeply disturbed individuals with access to Photoshop around here, which leads us to our Serious Sam HD giveaway challenge: We want to see your most serious Sam. Whether that means Samuel L. Jackson doing his taxes or Uncle Sam hosting a satellite radio show is wide open to interpretation, and we invite you to get creative and absurd with your photo editing skillz.

Post your submission in the comments below by end-of-day Sunday (01/17/2010), and we'll announce the winners on Monday (01/18/2010 for you math majors out there.) If you're looking for some inspirado, here's a refresher course in what makes Serious Sam so stupid awesome.

Staff
#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Awesome!  To bad my photoshop skills are terrible.  :(

#3 Posted by lukeyk (140 posts) -

Awesome sounds like a good competition just wish i had an xbox but i got this game for pc so its all good.

#4 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

Yes! Finally, a contest to use the only thing I'm good at with.
#5 Posted by Zifrit (39 posts) -

*Buys Photoshop*
Well, for that price I could have bought the game. Damn.

#6 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

X360

Oh wait, it's not that kinda contest. Good on you, GB!

Those looking for a free equivalent to photoshop, try GIMP.

#7 Posted by Sam_lfcfan (139 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
"Awesome!  To bad my photoshop skills are terrible.  :( "

Same here.
#8 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

I do not live in the US nor do I even have a 360 but i'm all up for a photoshop contest so i'll be submitting something just for the hell of it.

GO PAINT SHOP PRO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12426 posts) -

I have no paint skill, but I can cook up something insane.  

Here's an example:  

#10 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

I have no photoshop skills but i'll see what i can do

#11 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

#12 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

I'll drop dead before letting another guy see my "sam" - You GB-Duders played way too much Army Of Two? 

#13 Edited by Foggen (845 posts) -

#14 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -

Woot! But I have no photoshop.

#15 Posted by hayovrheerz (4 posts) -

#16 Posted by Pazy (2565 posts) -

This is Fireman Sam, he is currently attempting to draft legislation that will allow Firetrucks to carry civilians on holidays and weekends. He beleives this will make the people prouder of the work the fire service does for this country, he is very serious about this and beleives in it with all his heart.
#17 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Because I'm wearing a thong, Al.
#18 Edited by Pakorn (183 posts) -

#19 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@Pazy: You win. You win hard.
#20 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

#21 Posted by NicGuy (4 posts) -
#22 Posted by Droop (1853 posts) -

was kinda rushed :<
#23 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -
@Zifrit: There is a free open source software called GIMP which has all the features of PHOTOSHOP but is - as I said - completely F R E E - available for windows too. :)
#24 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

#25 Posted by vunna (237 posts) -

Can I get what-what for a famous Sam Cassell?  He is the most alien-looking person on this planet plus he doesn't mind a trainer givin it to him raw: 

#26 Posted by mwng (931 posts) -

For making Serious Sandwiches.
#27 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

I would but I suck at photoshop and already bought the game off of steam for 6.50 when it was on sale last weekend.

#28 Edited by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

SERIOUS SAMBERG
#29 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

#30 Posted by MattBodega (1904 posts) -

#31 Posted by Milkman (16698 posts) -

Who's more serious than Sam Houston in a pimp hat? No one. That's who.
#32 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

#33 Edited by Game_Over (59 posts) -

I didn't make this, but i thought it looked hilarious so i posted it on here.

#34 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

#35 Posted by Sergotron (483 posts) -

Some serious Sams

Some serious business
#36 Posted by Rinkalicous (1340 posts) -
Seriously. I'm going to fail this exam bad. 
My name is Sam. This is me doing maths revision for my Core 3 exam which is tomorrow. I fear I will not do well. I have never been more serious. 

Seriously. All the above facts are true.
#37 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

GIVE ME THE CODE! OH OH OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!
#38 Posted by LeadNinja (308 posts) -
@Pazy said:
"
This is Fireman Sam, he is currently attempting to draft legislation that will allow Firetrucks to carry civilians on holidays and weekends. He beleives this will make the people prouder of the work the fire service does for this country, he is very serious about this and beleives in it with all his heart. "
He stole Postman Pat's idea.  Bastard!
#39 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -
@buckybit said:
" I'll drop dead before letting another guy see my "sam" - You GB-Duders played way too much Army Of Two? 

"
this movie was AWESOME
#40 Posted by playastation (209 posts) -

Seriously Sam Cassel
#41 Posted by Brianmcdon (71 posts) -

Just as i Finish i see somebody has already done the same thing.

#42 Edited by Jambones (1696 posts) -

Nolan North is Sad
Not an entry, or a 'Sam,' but here's a picture of Nolan North Looking reeaaaal sad.

Slow, slow day...
#43 Posted by Sil3n7 (1188 posts) -
#44 Posted by playastation (209 posts) -

MAN! someone posted while i was posting =(

#45 Posted by vunna (237 posts) -

Oh i c. . .here is a seriously serious set of Sams: 

#46 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
"
"
this is made of WIN
#47 Posted by streetrider (19 posts) -

cool 

#48 Posted by Profi2002 (6 posts) -

#49 Edited by handlas (2676 posts) -

uhh ya.

Talk to the hand mother F-er.
#50 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.