Everything Serious Sam 66% Off

#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

After playing and enjoying both Hard Reset and Painkiller, I feel like I should check out the Serious Sam games. Which games would be best to pick up? Is it worth getting the complete pack?

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Are you.....serious?

#3 Edited by Savage (318 posts) -

Serious Sam is arguably the best of those break-neck shooters, so you definitely should check it out. The popular ranking of SS games would probably be something like Serious Sam (HD): The Second Encounter, Serious Sam (HD): The First Encounter, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Serious Sam 2. The games are standalone enough that you can start with any of them. I would recommend getting the HD versions of the first 2 encounters, since they're nearly identical to the original versions, except running on a good-looking modern graphics engine.

P.S. Instead of buying the complete pack (which is actually a fairly good deal), I'd recommend starting with only getting First and Second Encounters HD for less than half the pack price. Once you've played those games, if you're hungry for more SS, then you should consider the other games in the franchise (which go on sale on Steam not infrequently).

#4 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -

I already spent my money on Mirrors Edge for $5.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6334 posts) -

I say buy/play 'em in order, since each game tries to outdo the last, and you'll get that natural progression. Also: Serious Sam 2 is the weakest entry by far, but it's still extremely fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.