Seth Killian Reveals New Home at Sony

• 71 results
#51 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3527 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@jasondesante said:

nintendo understands gameplay, you can't have people beating each other then use a "special" as the only way to score a point.

That's rich. Have you totally been ignoring peoples' many complaints with Brawl compared to Melee?

Tripping is the bane of my existence.

There is definitely a way to make Smash Bros. better than any of the previous 3 games, while adopting the right complaints, elements from traditional fighting games (not like combo counters though) without losing the platformer design of the game originally. There are great hopes for this game, with a significantly more powerful console than the Wii, better controller (Pro Controller) and stronger online component. Also, 6 players may be possible.

#52 Posted by csl316 (9504 posts) -

I basically need two fighting games in my life: Smash 64 and Tekken Tag (well, new MK was kind of great).

Hopefully Seth helps get me out of my hole and try this thing.

#53 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3473 posts) -

All-Stars still has to prove to me that a OHKO fighting system can be anything but frustrating and awful.

@Kill said:

@mnzy said:

So unlike Smash, All-Stars will be a fighting game? I kid, kinda.

Smash Melee was actually a very well-balanced and feature rich fighting game. I've spent a lot of time pouring over the tier lists and guides at Shoryuken.com in amazement at how many complex fighting systems were buried in there for the hardcore to discover.

Brawl though, now there's a shit 'fighting' game.

And yet, they were both extremely fun to play. Maybe it's that not every fighting game has to have a top-tier competitiveness that can be lorded over the less skillful.
#54 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Oh... that sucks. I was hopeful he would land somewhere great.

#55 Posted by Kill (298 posts) -

@Dan_CiTi: I didn't say Melee and Brawl aren't fun, they are, Brawl just isn't adopted in the same way Melee was and that's totally fine. I just find Melee fascinating as a fighting game, Brawl is more of a party game. It'll be interesting where Smash U takes it for sure.

#56 Posted by ptys (1992 posts) -

Confirms Sony's really going to push as lead fighting platform, much like Xbox with shooters.

#57 Posted by sebastien102 (20 posts) -

yeah

#58 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

This makes me even more excited for this game

#59 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@FLStyle: Define EVO finalists. Top 8 for a game?

#60 Edited by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@ptys: Which is sad because the best FG players all use 360 because of 1. "Input Lag" (IDK anything about this so I place it in quotations) 2. Not as good Online

Anyways,congrats to Seth for leaving Capcom and joining those fine people!

#61 Posted by FLStyle (4925 posts) -

@jkuc316: Daniel "Clockw0rk" Maniago of MvC2 fame (multiple Top 8) is the only one I know of. You'd have to have Seth himself for the rest.

#62 Posted by ChameleonX (8 posts) -
#63 Edited by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@FLStyle: Ed Ma placed 3rd at SFIV Vanilla too. Lemme check other EVOs though.

EDIT: Couldn't find anymore. But all I know is that: Seth got 7th at ST during 2004, Clockw0rk got 5th at MvC2 during 2002 and 3rd at 2010. Ed Ma,as I mentioned previously, got 3rd at SFIV Vanilla during 2009.

Source:http://www.kuroppi.com/tournamentresults/evo/

#64 Posted by ErisRon (98 posts) -

Whoa...

#65 Posted by AxleBro (793 posts) -

that sony game wont be popular in the FGC. there is no chance of that happening. They barely play non-capcom games and they hate on smashbrothers relentlessly. and the smash community wont play it either because it's not smash. it would need it's own new community, and that would mean people who don't know who seth is. i see this game being successful but i don't see it being a tournament game, which is sad because i would like a game where i can be Parappa and beat people up.

#66 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (500 posts) -

Excellent news. Since E3 Sony has come out swinging. Great to see.

#67 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@AxleFGK said:

that sony game wont be popular in the FGC. there is no chance of that happening. They barely play non-capcom games and they hate on smashbrothers relentlessly. and the smash community wont play it either because it's not smash. it would need it's own new community, and that would mean people who don't know who seth is. i see this game being successful but i don't see it being a tournament game, which is sad because i would like a game where i can be Parappa and beat people up.

Tekken is huge in fighting game tournaments

#68 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

WTB: Hilarious caption

#69 Posted by durden77 (303 posts) -

Freaking great news. Seth is a freaking great guy and deserves a freaking great position like this. Freaking awesome.

#70 Posted by parkersneverdie (28 posts) -

Congrats to Seth. Very interested to see the impact his move has on Sony's games.

#71 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Not anymore. Seems to have lost some steam. Probably right no the most popular non-Capcom FG right now is probably KOF.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.