Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Exploding Room-8% 1:35 run no pickups- but I can't escape!

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By and333

The title says it all i'm on an aweseom 1:35 run with no pick ups and I can't escape the exploding room cause I starting health and starting armor! Does anyone know if theres any patterns to the explosions? Also If I were to lower the difficulty to take less damage would I still rank on the leaderboards?

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By and333

Nevermind got it. PRO TIP if your going for a speed run with no collectibles at the exploding room section let the cutscene play don't skip! You'll see why! Ohh also faster time for Shadow Complex for me now is......1:42:00!!!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, I think if you skip that cutscene you sort of get stuck at first and it ends up taking you too long to get out of that first room. When I skipped the cutscene I was barely able to make it out even when I was on Casual.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By and333
    @Chaser324: Yah I was banging my head with that over and over again to so much it probally added like 10 minutes to my run! Mind if I add you on live man? I need people to compare to and I saw on another thread you have a 1:35:00 run.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @and333:  Hey I am playing through on my first game still and I just escaped that room and got outside safely but didn't pick up one of the pieces of armor that is on the way out. Well now I can't get back into that whole hallway area because it's full of exploded debris. Do you know if there is any way for me to still get that piece of the armor or do I have to start over to get it? 

(I think I'm talking about the same area as you, lol)
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By and333
    @JJWeatherman: I did the same thing on my first playthrough....and as much as I know you'll have to start over to get it! Yah sorry man. I feel your paid I was screaming to the heavens when it happened to me!
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @and333 said:

" @JJWeatherman: I did the same thing on my first playthrough....and as much as I know you'll have to start over to get it! Yah sorry man. I feel your paid I was screaming to the heavens when it happened to me! "

god dammit! I wasted a lot of time collecting all my other items then I guess. Whatever, I was gonna play through it a few more times anyways so I guess it's not a problem. I just wanted that 100% achievement sooner rather than later.    :P
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By and333
    @JJWeatherman: Totally agree I went into the game saying my first run was gonna be my 100% run, and that didn't happen. The game so good tho i didn't mind really.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @and333: Go ahead and add me. My G/T is Chaser324 just like my GiantBomb handle.

@JJWeatherman: Yeah unfortunately, you're out of luck and will have to start over to get 100%. I'm in the same boat as you though as I ended up with 99% on my first go at 100% as well and have yet to go back and retry.
    ma5h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ma5h

I managed to listen to a podcast last night (i think it was the IGN: Three Red Lights one) and with an interview with the lead guy from Chair they stated that a 33 minutes completion at 4% is quite easily possible, anyone got any ideas how they could do that?

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Babble
    @ma5h said:

" I managed to listen to a podcast last night (i think it was the IGN: Three Red Lights one) and with an interview with the lead guy from Chair they stated that a 33 minutes completion at 4% is quite easily possible, anyone got any ideas how they could do that? "

http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/insurgent-run/1325/     

Looks like that would do the trick.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Babble: Yeah that guide that Cloneslayer and I did should get you through the game very quickly (if you can do it without messing up) and with only 3% items collected.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.