Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Questions about Hardcore (possible spoilers)

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By voightkampff

So, I just finished the game on medium. I got a 100% completion on the items and therefore unlocked the golden guns.

I just started a hardcore game and were surprised by some things. Please enlighten me: 

First, I jumped directly to level 20. Is it supposed to do that? Does the level in hardcore depend on my progression on medium somehow?

Second, I got acces to the golden guns room straight away. Is that because I unlocked it on medium? Will the game really be that "hardcore" when I get to use tha fattest gun from the start?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Genkkaku

Your level and the Golden guns carry over for your save, everything else is reset

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By voightkampff

Okay. But I also got the whole map with all the question marks.

The weird thing is that I never got to level 20 on medium. I only got to like level 13. Shouldn't it start on that level then?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Genkkaku

I dunno my level didn't jump between difficulties..

But XP scales to the difficulties

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @VoightKampff said:
    " Okay. But I also got the whole map with all the question marks.  The weird thing is that I never got to level 20 on medium. I only got to like level 13. Shouldn't it start on that level then? "
    You get the whole map + revealed item locations at level 20.  I don't know about the level jump.

If you find the game too easy with the gold inertial element gun on hardcore, then raise the difficulty or don't pick up that gun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.