Shadow Complex to be 800 points for the holidays

#1 Edited by NickL (2260 posts) -

 
 
Shadow complex is going to be only 800 points between December 21-27
i know im jumping on this deal, how bout you?

#2 Posted by Jeust (11347 posts) -
@NickL: only for gold members right?
#3 Posted by xyzygy (10590 posts) -

Definitely, me too. I can't wait now! I was waiting to get this game... Don't know why... but now I will get it for sure. Those extra 400 points can be spent somewhere else!

#4 Posted by NickL (2260 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" Definitely, me too. I can't wait now! I was waiting to get this game... Don't know why... but now I will get it for sure. Those extra 400 points can be spent somewhere else! "
like on the maw! which is going to be 400 points on the 28th!
#5 Posted by xyzygy (10590 posts) -
@NickL said:
" @xyzygy said:
" Definitely, me too. I can't wait now! I was waiting to get this game... Don't know why... but now I will get it for sure. Those extra 400 points can be spent somewhere else! "
like on the maw! which is going to be 400 points on the 28th! "
Hm, I don't know what Maw is... should I check this game out?
#6 Posted by NickL (2260 posts) -

 http://www.giantbomb.com/the-maw/61-23112/reviews/
 
vinny's 4 out of 5 star review of the maw and a quicklook

#7 Posted by TwoOneFive (9787 posts) -

what are you, like an advertiser?

#8 Posted by ez123 (2008 posts) -

Yeah, I'm gettin it. Can't wait :)

#9 Posted by Hannibal (877 posts) -

Hell no I'm not getting it!
 
i already have it and 200/200'd it, and sequence broke'd it <__<

#10 Posted by NickL (2260 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" what are you, like an advertiser? "
trying to let everyone possible know about a game that has gotten overall great reviews is going to be on a rare sale
 
sorry, didnt know it was illegal to do that around these parts
#11 Posted by Grilledcheez (4004 posts) -

I guess I'll have to get it finally, hopefully somebody gets me some ms points.

#12 Posted by TwoOneFive (9787 posts) -
@NickL said:
" @TwoOneFive said:
" what are you, like an advertiser? "
trying to let everyone possible know about a game that has gotten overall great reviews is going to be on a rare sale  sorry, didnt know it was illegal to do that around these parts "
yeahh, its totally illegal bro. i'll let you slide with a warning. 
#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (8882 posts) -
@NickL: Awesome. I really hope someone bumps this thread in a week to remind me.
#14 Posted by Nasar7 (2926 posts) -

How much is that? $10?

#15 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -

Ah, thanks for letting me know! 
Provided this is the same where I live, I really think I should pick it up. I liked the demo.

#16 Posted by AgentJ (8994 posts) -

i heard about this a few days ago, roughly a week and a half after I bought the game. FML

#17 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1545 posts) -

That sounds like the price it should've been. It was a good game don't get me wrong, but I don't see why everybody loved that much. 
It's a solid buy for $10.
#18 Posted by AgentJ (8994 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
"
That sounds like the price it should've been. It was a good game don't get me wrong, but I don't see why everybody loved that much. It's a solid buy for $10. "
I'm surprised they didn't sell it at retail (read: full price). What makes the game only worth 10 bucks?
#19 Posted by NickL (2260 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" @NickL: Awesome. I really hope someone bumps this thread in a week to remind me. "
@Nasar7 said:
" How much is that? $10? "
yes 
 
@AgentJ said:
" @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
"
That sounds like the price it should've been. It was a good game don't get me wrong, but I don't see why everybody loved that much. It's a solid buy for $10. "
I'm surprised they didn't sell it at retail (read: full price). What makes the game only worth 10 bucks? "
its only worth 10 bucks because HE didnt like it as much as most of course
 
im about to go download it, this should be fun!
#20 Posted by Sarumarine (2453 posts) -

Aw man, I bought this a week ago.

 Still, it's a pretty sweet game that's totally unapologetic about the Metroid influence. It's worth the ten bucks but a deal never hurts. This game made me rethink the use of the speed booster.

Online
#21 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" Ah, thanks for letting me know!  Provided this is the same where I live, I really think I should pick it up. I liked the demo. "
Turns out its still 1200msp where I live. Too bad then!
#22 Posted by Jeust (11347 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" @Meowayne said:
" Ah, thanks for letting me know!  Provided this is the same where I live, I really think I should pick it up. I liked the demo. "
Turns out its still 1200msp where I live. Too bad then! "
Are you a gold member?
#23 Edited by Karmum (11514 posts) -

Hm, did it jump back up to 1,200 MS Points? I live in the United States, by the way. I guess I missed the deal?
 
Edit - Forgot, I'm on a Silver account right now, might want to bump up to Gold now.

#24 Edited by Karmum (11514 posts) -
#25 Posted by zombie2011 (5171 posts) -
@Karmum: On the deal of the week page on Xbox.com it says 800 points and you can buy it from there.
Online
#26 Posted by Karmum (11514 posts) -
@zombie2011: 
Picked up Gold and 1,600 Points and bought this. Thanks for the clarification!
#27 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1537 posts) -

My brother bought it for me for an early x-mas present.  What a game.  Just so well made.  The mix of 2D and 3D is particularly awesome.

#28 Posted by The_Tolman (457 posts) -

i bought it one god damn day before it  went on sale!!!!!
#29 Posted by Meowayne (6168 posts) -
#30 Posted by TheGreatGuero (8882 posts) -

Awesome. I just downloaded it right now over Xbox.com.

#31 Posted by Tornac (152 posts) -

Haha, I got bought the points to download it for 800 points, and even though I'm a gold member, it cost me 1200 points. I felt ripped-off, but man, I'd pay 60 dollars for this game. It's that good, and there's a ton of content here to keep you busy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.