Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Shadow Complexed out!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By matt

Man.... give me a sec... breathe.. Ok I’m good. I just powered my way through shadow complex and man it’s a good game, like really good! I have personally never played Super Metroid or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night so this really was a new game experience for me and I really enjoyed it. In a way shadow complex played a lot like Diablo and Sacred 2. Constantly looking for that next upgrade to make your character that little bit stronger. At the start of shadow complex I was getting slightly frustrated. I kept seeing these areas I couldn’t get into because I didn’t have the right guns and every time I saw something I couldn’t blow open yet I kept thinking to myself  “oh great another thing I’m going to have to come all the way back for”. In the end you just have to let the game take you and trust it’s going to bring you back around in a smooth way and fair play to shadow complex it always did. I guess this shows my ignorance to the genre, I didn’t expect there to be so much backtracking as there was and I think it would have really started to grind on me but the combat was surprisingly solid. Firing into the 3 dimension can be a little tricky but I found myself using the melee attack most of the time mainly because it was effective and looked bad ass! It took me around 7 hours to finish (I know I’m slow!) and for 1200 MSP that’s not bad. I really can’t recommend this game enough so go download the trial see if you like it and then buy it because I really want to see a sequel!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matt

Man.... give me a sec... breathe.. Ok I’m good. I just powered my way through shadow complex and man it’s a good game, like really good! I have personally never played Super Metroid or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night so this really was a new game experience for me and I really enjoyed it. In a way shadow complex played a lot like Diablo and Sacred 2. Constantly looking for that next upgrade to make your character that little bit stronger. At the start of shadow complex I was getting slightly frustrated. I kept seeing these areas I couldn’t get into because I didn’t have the right guns and every time I saw something I couldn’t blow open yet I kept thinking to myself  “oh great another thing I’m going to have to come all the way back for”. In the end you just have to let the game take you and trust it’s going to bring you back around in a smooth way and fair play to shadow complex it always did. I guess this shows my ignorance to the genre, I didn’t expect there to be so much backtracking as there was and I think it would have really started to grind on me but the combat was surprisingly solid. Firing into the 3 dimension can be a little tricky but I found myself using the melee attack most of the time mainly because it was effective and looked bad ass! It took me around 7 hours to finish (I know I’m slow!) and for 1200 MSP that’s not bad. I really can’t recommend this game enough so go download the trial see if you like it and then buy it because I really want to see a sequel!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.