Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Um....oops?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So I'm on my second playthrough and I'm going for 100%. Right now I have the Omega Armor with just the Scuba mask and the basic Jetpack, with about 49% of the items collected. I decided to get the challenge where you abandon Claire by driving away in the jeep. I did so and continued playing. However, I noticed something. After checking my map, I saw that I have no objective. Turning the blue line on does nothing. Does this mean that because I did the quick ending, I can't technically complete my game? Did I spend 3:19:00 collecting items only to eventually throw that time away? Please tell my I can still get this achievement.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By NickNorman

Unfortunately, no. From a post on GameFAQs:

@dantheengineer said:

The Status Update: Single achievement cannot be done on a 100% run because it ends the game, and there is no way to get everything without saving her.

You can get it if you reload the checkpoint, but not if you continue.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By natetodamax
    @NickNorman said:
    " Unfortunately, no. From a post on GameFAQs:

@dantheengineer said:

The Status Update: Single achievement cannot be done on a 100% run because it ends the game, and there is no way to get everything without saving her.

You can get it if you reload the checkpoint, but not if you continue. "
    So I'm screwed, basically?

I might as well delete the game, because I sure as hell am not going to do that all over again.
    NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By NickNorman
    @natetodamax said:
    " @NickNorman said:

@dantheengineer said:

So I'm screwed, basically?  I might as well delete the game, because I sure as hell am not going to do that all over again. "
    Yeah, basically. I did the same thing after I beat the game and started running back through to find everything I missed, only to realize that the last gun was unattainable after the explosion. Suffice it to say, I was pissed, but I started over. I still needed to get to 50, and the game was still a lot of fun.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Wow, this seems like a pretty huge flaw in the game.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MistaSparkle
    @NickNorman said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NickNorman said:

@dantheengineer said:

So I'm screwed, basically?  I might as well delete the game, because I sure as hell am not going to do that all over again. "
    Yeah, basically. I did the same thing after I beat the game and started running back through to find everything I missed, only to realize that the last gun was unattainable after the explosion. Suffice it to say, I was pissed, but I started over. I still needed to get to 50, and the game was still a lot of fun. "

Yeah. You know I love this game and was going to do a 100% completion but I couldn't find a way to get the last gun. So I decided to just go keep doing the mission and it cut me off. REALLY pissed me off but ill still play cuz i love it so much :)
    SketchyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SketchyBrown
    @natetodamax said:
    So I'm screwed, basically?  I might as well delete the game...

No way... you still own Shadow Complex, and it's an awesome game. I don't see how you're screwed at all... just give it a good 2-3 days and try it again from the beginning with a fresh mind. It's a game that begs to be played over and over again for some reason - something I never get from games anymore and it sucked me into 3.5 play-throughs so far. 

Achievements-schievements - I'm just here to blow open color-coded doors and walls to receive oodles of instant gratification.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
    @SketchyBrown: I actually managed to stumble across where I needed to go and I'm back on track now. Good thing I didn't delete anything
    Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Expletive
    @NickNorman said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @NickNorman said:

@dantheengineer said:

Yeah, basically. I did the same thing after I beat the game and started running back through to find everything I missed, only to realize that the last gun was unattainable after the explosion. Suffice it to say, I was pissed, but I started over. I still needed to get to 50, and the game was still a lot of fun. "
    So, you Definitely  can't get the last armor piece  after the explosion? I'm fucked then also
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

100% run doesn't take that long, maybe four hours at max.  As for the fact that you can't get the game at 100% after getting the Status Update: Single Master Challenge...you can only have one ending at a time in the game.  Just restart and go through the game again anyways.  It's fun as Hell, and I've got the runthroughs without sequence breaking down to 2 hours so far.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
    @jakob187 said:
    " 100% run doesn't take that long, maybe four hours at max.  As for the fact that you can't get the game at 100% after getting the Status Update: Single Master Challenge...you can only have one ending at a time in the game.  Just restart and go through the game again anyways.  It's fun as Hell, and I've got the runthroughs without sequence breaking down to 2 hours so far. "
    But I was running around and came across a cutscene, rescued Claire, and now my objective is to find the remaining key components. I can still get 100%

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.