Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow of Rome

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 08, 2005

Caesar has been murdered within the Roman Senate and everywhere looms conspiracy. Only Agrippa and his close friend Octavianus dare to search for the truth in this hybrid stealth-action/hack & slash title from Capcom.

Am I the only one who has played this game?

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Optiow

It seems that no one has played shadow of Rome, has anyone here even heard about it?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've played it. I remember it scored quite high at Gamespot, so I gave it a shot. In all honesty, I didn't play it for very long. I only reached the second level, and for some reason, I couldn't figure out what to do, and I guess I wasn't enjoying the game enough to bother even looking up the solution in a guide. Or maybe there weren't any guides up yet, I don't know. Regardless, my time with the game was very short.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Optiow
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I've played it. I remember it scored quite high at Gamespot, so I gave it a shot. In all honesty, I didn't play it for very long. I only reached the second level, and for some reason, I couldn't figure out what to do, and I guess I wasn't enjoying the game enough to bother even looking up the solution in a guide. Or maybe there weren't any guides up yet, I don't know. Regardless, my time with the game was very short."
    Bummer, it was one of the best games ever made in my opinon.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, now that I'm thinking back on the game, it seems like it was basically Gladiator: The Game. It probably wasn't until a couple years later that my cousin finally convinced me to watch Gladiator. It ended up being totally awesome and is now one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm not fully sure why I never wanted to watch the movie to begin with. I remember people talking about how violent it was, and while I'm not totally against violence or anything, I don't really care to watch loads of graphic gore. Really though... it's not even that violent. Excellent movie. Dude, and what an ending. Okay, but I'm gonna stop rambling on about this before I turn the Shadow of Rome thread into a thread all about how awesome Gladiator is.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Optiow
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Yeah, now that I'm thinking back on the game, it seems like it was basically Gladiator: The Game. It probably wasn't until a couple years later that my cousin finally convinced me to watch Gladiator. It ended up being totally awesome and is now one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm not fully sure why I never wanted to watch the movie to begin with. I remember people talking about how violent it was, and while I'm not totally against violence or anything, I don't really care to watch loads of graphic gore. Really though... it's not even that violent. Excellent movie. Dude, and what an ending. Okay, but I'm gonna stop rambling on about this before I turn the Shadow of Rome thread into a thread all about how awesome Gladiator is."
    well I don't mind, on one else seems to be around.
    So in gladiator, what was the story like?
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude. You've never seen Gladiator? I'd rather not spoil it for you. Watch the movie as soon as possible. From what I remember, the beginning of Shadow of Rome has a setting similar to the beginning of Gladiator. The movie is excellent, it even won Best Picture at the Oscars, and Russell Crowe won Best Actor. It's become a movie I try to quote as much as possible. There's a lot of great lines. Heh, my Xbox Live gamer motto actually used to be a reference to the movie.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I played it. I really enjoyed the gladiatorial sections, but the stealth sections were a pain in the ass.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By serbsta

Yeah i played it a while ago, enjoyed it only for a little while though.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Optiow
    MattyFTM said:
    "I played it. I really enjoyed the gladiatorial sections, but the stealth sections were a pain in the ass."
    you did not like the stealth sections?!
    sure they were not as violent, but they were still good...
    dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#10  Edited By dudacles

I'd love to play this game, but I have never, ever seen a copy of it in stores. Anywhere. That makes me a sad bunny, because the gameplay footage of the gladiator fights looks so awesome.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By trophyhunter

yeah I played it and remember it all being quite good

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By JTB123

I love this game, truly was the Eternal Darkness of the PS2. 

I really think people labelling it a hack n slash didn't do it justice. There was definitely an element of that, yes, but if you wanted the high scores and especially if you wanted to survive on the extreme difficulty you had to be very strategic with your weapons and your attacks. 

Not nearly enough people played this game if you ask me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

I played it, and I laaaaved it! Really was pulled down by those god awful stealth sections where you played as the Raiden lookalike with the Teen Titan Robin voice.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By spankingaddict

I'm currently playing it. It's great.

I'm bringing this thread back to life...

People should give this game a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.