Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow of the Colossus

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 18, 2005

Explore the Forbidden Land as Wander, a young warrior who must slay sixteen Colossi in order to restore the life of a sacrificed maiden.

Shadow of the Colossus-Wow.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Edited By Red

Well, last night I picked Shadow of the Colossus back up again. Dang that's one awesome game. I beat it about 10 minutes ago after taking a little bit TOO long on the final boss because I wasn't actually killing him properly. No wonder it was so freakin' hard. Anyways, I just have to say the Shadow of the Colossus is probably the best game I've ever played. Maybe not the best game I've ever played but at least one of my favorites. I do still need to play Half Life 2 but as of now I've pretty much played every single old game that I'd need to play besides Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Okami and now that I love Team ICO so much, I might as well play their namesake.

The thing that makes Shadow of the Colossus so great is because it's just so incredibly epic. I've said "EPIC" about a billion times but really, you don't get more epic than riding on a horse next to a crashing stone-dragon trying to jump onto it's wing and then stab your sword into it's back. There is NOTHING more epic than that.

Graphically (artistically mostly) Shadow of the Colossus is still incredibly to look at, the Colossi especially. The Collosi are just so well thought out and beautiful. The lack of real textures doesn't really hurt, although, I would probably suffocate if I saw whatever Team ICO was working on now.

Speaking of which, it's been 3 years since Team ICO released a game and they haven't even announced one yet. Some people may say that they're worried but I'm just extremely excited. There was a 4 year difference between Shadow of the Colossus and ICO and I expect the time gap to be identical for their next game. I just wanna know what it's all about. The leap from ICO to Shadow was huge and a cross gen gap between Shadow and whatever the crap Team ICO's making could mean one of the greatest games in history.

But, what might this game be? I think that it'll be something like Animal Crossing but you're all alone in a wasteland with a hot girl AND your horse. Every once and a while Tom Nook comes around where you'll have to climb up his back and stick a sword through his brain.

I'm the next Will Wright aren't I?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Red

Well, last night I picked Shadow of the Colossus back up again. Dang that's one awesome game. I beat it about 10 minutes ago after taking a little bit TOO long on the final boss because I wasn't actually killing him properly. No wonder it was so freakin' hard. Anyways, I just have to say the Shadow of the Colossus is probably the best game I've ever played. Maybe not the best game I've ever played but at least one of my favorites. I do still need to play Half Life 2 but as of now I've pretty much played every single old game that I'd need to play besides Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Okami and now that I love Team ICO so much, I might as well play their namesake.

The thing that makes Shadow of the Colossus so great is because it's just so incredibly epic. I've said "EPIC" about a billion times but really, you don't get more epic than riding on a horse next to a crashing stone-dragon trying to jump onto it's wing and then stab your sword into it's back. There is NOTHING more epic than that.

Graphically (artistically mostly) Shadow of the Colossus is still incredibly to look at, the Colossi especially. The Collosi are just so well thought out and beautiful. The lack of real textures doesn't really hurt, although, I would probably suffocate if I saw whatever Team ICO was working on now.

Speaking of which, it's been 3 years since Team ICO released a game and they haven't even announced one yet. Some people may say that they're worried but I'm just extremely excited. There was a 4 year difference between Shadow of the Colossus and ICO and I expect the time gap to be identical for their next game. I just wanna know what it's all about. The leap from ICO to Shadow was huge and a cross gen gap between Shadow and whatever the crap Team ICO's making could mean one of the greatest games in history.

But, what might this game be? I think that it'll be something like Animal Crossing but you're all alone in a wasteland with a hot girl AND your horse. Every once and a while Tom Nook comes around where you'll have to climb up his back and stick a sword through his brain.

I'm the next Will Wright aren't I?

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gameboi

Loved it as well. Who would have thought that a game based around nothing but boss battles between long stretches of traveling a land void of any other life could be so much fun.  Sounds terrible on paper, but it worked.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dudacles

Indeed, SotC is one of the greatest games ever made.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Bear
    Gameboi said:
    "Loved it as well. Who would have thought that a game based around nothing but boss battles between long stretches of traveling a land void of any other life could be so much fun.  Sounds terrible on paper, but it worked."
    That's initially why I didn't play it until about a year ago. The idea of a games where bosses are the only battles made the game sound short and boring. However, I am so glad that I decided to try it eventually. It turned out to be my favorite PS2 game of all time. It even made me go and hunt down a copy of ICO, which is also great.

Game gave me the feeling of epic like no other. Eagerly anticipating their next game.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne

One of the games you wish you could go back to without the knowledge of having played it, just so you can experience playing it for the first time again.

Despite the praise it got and gets, I still think it's underrated.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By clubsandwich

Yes it's an awesome game, that las boss... wow.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Red

Yeah. I totally messed up on the last boss though. [spoiler]There was a way that you could stop him from thrashing around and then reel yourself in but I didn't know that, so I just tried to jump onto his head.[/spoiler]
    It did work, though, but one time I totally messed up and died.....and had to start all over again after trying to kill him for about an hour.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.