Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadowrun Returns

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

Shadowrun Returns is a turn-based RPG created by Harebrained Schemes.

How much is left of this game? (SPOILERS)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I have put about 7 hours into this game and every time I think it's coming to an end some new story beat seems to kick off and it keeps going. I just got done the section where you sneak into the church and had to fight the invincible bug guys and it looks like this is going to be a drawn out story now. I was going to look up a guide to get an idea of how much more I have, but every time I have tried that for other games in the past it always spoils things.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By veektarius

You have two missions left.

Edit: There's a sidequest too.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crusader8463

@veektarius: Holy hell that's not much. I was expecting a ton more. Thanks.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@crusader8463: Yeah, not a long game. When people complained about it being short, though, the fact it kept finding new twists to keep it going after I expected it to be over actually helped me feel good about it (it would have been even nicer if I hadn't seen most of them coming). I'm interested in seeing what kinds of modules come out for it, but I'm not really that hopeful. I haven't seen a game really prosper on story based add-ons since NWN1.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veektarius: I like the game engine and if the tools are well made I think it could lead to some very interesting systems, but I gotta admit the setting doesn't do much for me. This was my first experience with that lore and very little of it had me interested. Would love to see someone do a total conversion mod with the game engine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.