Shadowrun... Worth it?

#1 Posted by MrAwsum (167 posts) -

I was thinking of buying shadowrun, purely because I downloaded the demo for xbox 360... and loved it. 
I was wondering if there are many people who still play online, and if there just too good and its pointless getting it.  
And just to follow up from my last post, It's fine to laugh ( Whoever posted =P ) 

#2 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

I dunno, It was pretty empty when I first started playing it when it came out...I've seen some people on my friends list play it every once and a while though...Tons of fun.

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

It's a lot of fun, not sure about how many people play it anymore though.

#4 Posted by MrAwsum (167 posts) -

I have a few mates who have the demo, Is there any point in me buying the game, or should I just keep the demo...

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

It wont hurt playing the real deal.  There are still some people who play the game and every once and a while, I like to play it.

#6 Posted by MrAwsum (167 posts) -

Hehe, Hope to see you all on there sometime in the near future, I 'spose ^^ 
 Thanks guys

#7 Posted by Cuddy (121 posts) -
@MrAwsum said:
" Hehe, Hope to see you all on there sometime in the near future, I 'spose ^^  Thanks guys "
isnt the servers dead? i mean the Xbox360 servers are gone and im not sure if the pc ones work?
#8 Posted by MrAwsum (167 posts) -

I don't think so, I came of the demo like... 10 mins ago maybe?

#9 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -
@Cuddy said:
" @MrAwsum said:
" Hehe, Hope to see you all on there sometime in the near future, I 'spose ^^  Thanks guys "
isnt the servers dead? i mean the Xbox360 servers are gone and im not sure if the pc ones work? "
No the game is still live, I'm pretty sure.
#10 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

i was also thinking about buying it for the PC

#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Cuddy said:
" @MrAwsum said:
isnt the servers dead? i mean the Xbox360 servers are gone and im not sure if the pc ones work? "
No they aren't.
#12 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Easy points.

#13 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

it's okay. i got tired of it pretty fast. i'm pretty sure pc people can play with 360 though which is cool. i may be wrong though.

#14 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I don't know if the newer Shadowrun is worth it (i haven't heard good things) but the SNES Shadowrun is supposed to be pretty good!

#15 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Shadowrun was alright when it first came out, but it lacked content and variety.    

Honestly I would say stay away.  Especially now, I bet there is barely anyone playing at this point.

#16 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

no no no no no no no no no and NO

#17 Edited by oxidative (3 posts) -

If you can't help yourself, it's $5 shipped as eBay's daily deal:

http://deals.ebay.com/

Thanks to this CAG thread for the heads up:
 http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238828 

#18 Posted by daHULK1212 (2 posts) -

this game is loads of fun. I also started with the demo and it was pretty much my first online 360 experience. If you play it you can still find about 7-15 games open all the time, you'll see the same people but their will always people playing. one of the most fun online shooters I have ever played.
#19 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

There is still a pretty active community for both 360 and PC.  Personally, I didn't care for the game, as it wasn't nearly polished enough for what it should've been...and it also betrays the fuck out of the tabletop game. 

However, if you are looking for a game that tries to mix some RPG elements into Counter-Strike...then it's for you. 

Personally, I just liked getting an achievement for teabagging someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.