Am I the only one who enjoys the shooting?

#1 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I really enjoy the shooting in this game. The lack of an on screen cursor seems to have thrown off a lot of people which is understandable, I had to fall into it too, but once I got a grip on it headshots became trivial.

And I 'hated' resident evil 5.

Anyone else feel the same?

#2 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -
@jadeskye said:

I really enjoy the shooting in this game. The lack of an on screen cursor seems to have thrown off a lot of people which is understandable, I had to fall into it too, but once I got a grip on it headshots became trivial.

And I 'hated' resident evil 5.

Anyone else feel the same?

Well I enjoyed the shooting in this game and any other game that had that system. I find it kinda realistic and fun, adds stress to situations with a lot of enemies. So no you're not alone, plus getting headshots like that feels amazing
#3 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

I got use to it pretty quickly. I'm a fan of third person shooters and once in a while I like it when people try to make it feel differently
#4 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

good to know theres others out there that think the same, i guess i was just influenced by how the bombsquad were all of the same mind.

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I really do enjoy the shooting, but I also enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and 5.

#6 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

I enjoyed the gameplay plenty. It was nothing hugely innovative, but it was fun to play.

#7 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -

I don't know that I necessarily enjoyed it, but it wasn't a great hindrance, either.  I felt like it lacked a certain amount of precision, felt kind of... "bouncy", but, I don't play too many third person shooters.  It just felt difficult to line up a headshot, I usually ended up hitting the shoulder.  Middling is probably the best term for it.  It IS completely amazing when you do get that headshot, though, and it zooms in and slows down.  AH, magnifico!

#8 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5303 posts) -

I loved RE 4,5 and Dead Space 1, 2 so I found this enjoyable.

#9 Posted by blake_brown (117 posts) -

I quite enjoyed the shooting. It took a bit of getting used to, but I was willing to put up with anything because I fucking loved the shit of this game.

#10 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

The laser thing is basically a cursor, in my opinion. And, yeah, the shooting is AMAZING.

#11 Posted by supermike6 (3586 posts) -

You are certainly not the only one. I thought the shooting was delicious.

#12 Posted by TimFReilly (98 posts) -

I liked the shooting in this game but little else. The story was weak and way too slow and repetitive. There is zero character development from any character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.