Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

Mikami + Suda + Yamaoka = Shadows of the Damned, anyone hyped?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Knowing the individuals involved, how could anyone not be? The trailer didn't blow me away per se, but it had a punky sense of style and I'm sure they can execute it well.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

That is not a Suda 51 game, and as it was stated in the other thread...I'm nothing but disappoint from this. 

Suda 51 is known for making mind fuck games, that contain the most adult violence, rape, child abuse, sex, and language.  This is nothing more than another shooter, something Suda 51 tries to not do. 

I'm tired of this shit.  I want the old Suda back that made killer7, Michigan, Silver Case, and Contact.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeust
    @KaosAngel said:

" That is not a Suda 51 game, and as it was stated in the other thread...I'm nothing but disappoint from this. 

Suda 51 is known for making mind fuck games, that contain the most adult violence, rape, child abuse, sex, and language.  This is nothing more than another shooter, something Suda 51 tries to not do. 

I'm tired of this shit.  I want the old Suda back that made killer7, Michigan, Silver Case, and Contact. "

He has a participation in it, and as so a word about the development and contents of the game. It doesn't look too hot for me, but it is nowadays hard to find new and enticing games from the premise. Still there are great games being launched. :p
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan

Looks like another shooter. I did dig the music, though.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Not quite what I was expecting, but I'm interested, to say the least. 

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ProjektGill

The voice of the main character is amazing

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

I'm excited for the soundtrack, but the game itself looked uninteresting.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ryanwho

Im excited in theory, trailer didn't do much for me. If Im being honest, what Suda brings to the table does nothing for me.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By RobotHamster

I need to a lot more first but for now I'm pretty skeptical, it looks pretty generic.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By trophyhunter

Fuck yeah Resident evil combined with Silent hill, with the insanity of Suda 51.
    The only thing that would more awesome is if Swery 65 was working on it too.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By Icemael
    @Jeust said:
    " Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil 4 and Okami)"
    Shinji Mikami didn't make Okami. 

But anyway, the game looks looks awesome. Suda51, while perfectly capable of producing conceptually and aesthetically stylish, quirky stuff, is clueless when it comes to actual game design, but with Mikami on the project, I'm thinking this'll be absolutely amazing. The trailer make it look kind of like like Resident Evil 4 meets Devil May Cry.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Icemael said:
    " @Jeust said:
     Suda51, while perfectly capable of producing conceptually and aesthetically stylish, quirky stuff, is clueless when it comes to actual game design,"
    I've never had problems with his game design.  He does it to make it artistic and to make a point.  I think he might be the best game designer because of this.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeust
    @Icemael said:
    " @Jeust said:
    Shinji Mikami didn't make Okami.  But anyway, the game looks looks awesome. Suda51, while perfectly capable of producing conceptually and aesthetically stylish, quirky stuff, is clueless when it comes to actual game design, but with Mikami on the project, I'm thinking this'll be absolutely amazing. The trailer make it look kind of like like Resident Evil 4 meets Devil May Cry. "  
    I corrected it. ^^  

Yeah, with a scent of Grindhouse. :p 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By Icemael
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Jeust said:
     Suda51, while perfectly capable of producing conceptually and aesthetically stylish, quirky stuff, is clueless when it comes to actual game design,"
    I've never had problems with his game design.  He does it to make it artistic and to make a point.  I think he might be the best game designer because of this. "
    Yes, and I suppose if the guys behind Big Rigs came out and said they made it a buggy, unplayable mess to make a point about buggy, unplayable messes, they would be the greatest developers in the world, too.

No: shitty game design is shitty game design. A person who makes a shitty game and says he made it shitty to make a point about shitty game design is nothing more than a shitty developer coming up with shitty excuses for being shitty.
    Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Seroth

I think the characters look pretty Suda-esque. The action looks Mikami-esque. And assuming the music in the trailer is from Akira Yamaoka, this looks like it'll be pretty awesome. 

It also sure as hell looks better than the new DMC game. If they had turned Dante into this Spanish bad-ass instead of that crack-fiend guy, then I probably wouldn't be as upset.

miva2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By miva2
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    " Knowing the individuals involved, how could anyone not be? The trailer didn't blow me away per se, but it had a punky sense of style and I'm sure they can execute it well. "
    ^the same
    crap, i hate having more games I have to buy cause I know I'll never buy all games I have to buy xD
    am looking forward to it
    miva2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By miva2

how can you be dissapointed already?
    It's not because it's a shoter that it will be like other shooters. Look at Vanquish.
    Well considering the partnership with EA it will probably be aimed a bit more at mainstream than their other games but it will definitely please the hardcore gamers and fans of suda and mikami.
    I loved the Vanquish demo and preordered the game. I usually don't enjoy third person shooters (besides splinter cell but it doesn't play like other, regular TPS's).
    btw, resident evil is also a shooter and isn't that what shinji mikami is known for (am not really fond of RE)
    EA has been making some awesome games lately, I'm regaining faith in them.

btw, I'm a psychic and can predict future so you must believe everything I say for 100%.

SeriouslyNow, you don't sound very mature for a 30+yo.

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

long as the music and shooting is good, I'm in
    and at least I'm sure the music part will be good :D

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Romination

Just knowing that Suda is involved gets me stoked about anything.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By RsistncE
    @Icemael said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Jeust said:
    I've never had problems with his game design.  He does it to make it artistic and to make a point.  I think he might be the best game designer because of this. "
    Yes, and I suppose if the guys behind Big Rigs came out and said they made it a buggy, unplayable mess to make a point about buggy, unplayable messes, they would be the greatest developers in the world, too.

No: shitty game design is shitty game design. A person who makes a shitty game and says he made it shitty to make a point about shitty game design is nothing more than a shitty developer coming up with shitty excuses for being shitty. "
    Holy crap, between the two of you, I'm not sure who I'm rooting for. Maybe you'll take each other out? Hold on let me get my popcorn, brb...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.