Shadows of the Damned sounds

#1 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1263 posts) -

So this was bugging me ever since I started playing Shadows of the Damned. The menu confirmation sound and when you open doors sounded familiar to me.

Sometime through my play through I figured it out. That sound is entirely from Silent Hill. Silent Hill 2 and 3 come to mind. Which makes sense to me because of Akira Yamaoka being involved in this.

Anyone else catch this? Or am I dead wrong?

#2 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Yep noticed it aswell instantly in the Quick Look but couldn't put my finger on exacly where it came from. First thing that came to mind was Resident Evil 4/5 but Silent Hill makes way more sense now that you say it.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

That is some Silent Hill sound effects.

#4 Posted by bslayer (222 posts) -

it does kinda sound like silent hill judging from the quick look, haven't played it yet, but i sure want to.

#5 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

I don't know about you guys, but Killer7 immediately came to mind when I heard the menu sounds. It's not the same sound, but it reminded me of it.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

Yup.  Its the Silent Hill menu sound.  As a fan  it caught my ear immediately.   The "Darkness" sound  is also very familiar sounding.

#7 Posted by Fobwashed (2062 posts) -

@the_hiro_abides: Thank you! I made a post about this the other day because it was driving me nuts. Now I can stop thinking about this -_-;;

#8 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1263 posts) -

@Fobwashed: No problem.

It seems rare to hear sounds used repeatedly across different games. Seems like it only happens in sequels. Except the Wilhelm Scream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.