This game is ****ing awesome.

#1 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Got it on sale for half price, expecting a decently similar third-person horror like Dead Space, but man, it completely blew me away. I absolutely adore every bit of the game save for the 2D sidescrolling sections. Calling this my GOTY of 2011.

If anybody likes third person shooting, lots of ****ing profanity, blood, endless dick jokes, this is the game for you.

#2 Posted by Dookysharpgun (586 posts) -

I've heard nothing but good things about this game, and I really want to pick it up, but the length and the 'no new game +' kinda make me want to get it for less than 20 quid. I tried renting it but my local renty-place is filled with assholes, so my only choice is to buy it...

Also, I love Suda51, depending on what console you have, you should really try to play No More Heroes (Wii), No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii), or No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise. Maybe even Killer7 (GC). Watch out for Lollipop Chainsaw as well.

Unless you've played and/or know of those games already...I'm afraid I've just fanboyed all over your forum...sorry...

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -
#4 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -
@Dookysharpgun said:

I've heard nothing but good things about this game, and I really want to pick it up, but the length and the 'no new game +' kinda make me want to get it for less than 20 quid. I tried renting it but my local renty-place is filled with assholes, so my only choice is to buy it...

Also, I love Suda51, depending on what console you have, you should really try to play No More Heroes (Wii), No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii), or No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise. Maybe even Killer7 (GC). Watch out for Lollipop Chainsaw as well.

Unless you've played and/or know of those games already...I'm afraid I've just fanboyed all over your forum...sorry...

Hah nah man it's cool, unfortunately I do not have a Wii, though I have played Killer7 and mostly enjoyed it. If I had a PS3 I would pick up Heroes Paradise. Can't wait to see what insanity Lollipop will be.
#5 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5205 posts) -

Yes it is sir. Yes it is.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

It's one of my favorite games this year. It's a fucking crime it didn't sell more.

#7 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

The sound design astounds me to this day, and yes, it is also one of my favorites this year along with Ghost Trick.

#8 Posted by Deusoma (3004 posts) -

I paid full price for it at EB and I was not sorry in the slightest. Got 44/50 Achievements in my first run through, too, if that's your thing.

#9 Posted by bybeach (4772 posts) -

So glad I have this game. A whole lotta luv...

#10 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

yep this game was amazing

#11 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Aaaand 100%-ed. Usually when I complete a game 3 times I end up hating it (looking at you, Dead Space 2) But I still feel like i can easily pop it in and go through everything again. Sometimes when too much talent bundles into one everything goes inevitably wrong. Here, that isn't the case at all.

#12 Posted by MEATBALL (3157 posts) -

Yup, loved it. It's a damn shame it doesn't have some sort of New Game+, but I'm glad I bought it and definitely see myself playing through it again in the future.

#13 Posted by XenoNick (1395 posts) -

Yup the game is awesome. (Aside from the 2D and doing the Big Boner section more than once). No New Game+ is a bit of a downer. Until Gears 3 came out this was my favorite game of the year. Been telling all of my mates to try the game.

#14 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -

I also got it for half price the other day, but I haven't opened it yet. I'm playing through Demon's Souls at the moment, as soon as I beat that, I'll pop Shadows of the Damned in.

#15 Posted by dyong (331 posts) -

The game's crude humour means that only college kids are going to buy it, a demographic with not a lot of buying power.

#16 Posted by EVO (3889 posts) -

@dyong said:

The game's crude humour means that only college kids are going to buy it, a demographic with not a lot of buying power.

You think so? My 12 year old self would've been all over this.

#17 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -
@dyong said:

What if said 12 year old usually has mommy and daddy buying games for him? Man, I'd kill to have been like that back when I was that age.
#18 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (758 posts) -

Can't wait to play this game. I'll just have to finish Castlevania: Lords of Shadow first.

#19 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Paid full price, played the game 3 times to platinum it. The game is fucking amazing, and now I will pick up any future Suda games without question. Hell, I picked up NMH2 after playing SotD, and I never play Wii games. Got Killer 7 in my PS2 as well. Gonna get Heroes' Paradise once the price drops a little.

Also, Steve Blum freaking KILLED it as Garcia. I didn't even know it was him for the first half of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.