Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

What are your last impressions after beating the game? (spoilers)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Did you like it?

I found it great, and loved how unexpected was the last part of the game. I loved the game, still found it sad for the lack of punch of the story, for the most part, and how sluggish the gameplay felt in the most pressing fights.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By niamahai

SoD shows you that a RE-style game *really* cannot have Move&Shoot. Kinda trivialize the combat.  

I am just bummed that the opera lady boss fight was a side-scrolling 2D shooter. What a cop-out.

craftpug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By craftpug

Did not enjoy it. Found the beginning sections to be repetitive and some of the bugs in the game were atrocious. Some fun moments, but Alex' four-star rating was definitely generous.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

It was okay. Utterly mediocre on a mechanical level, but humorous and beautiful enough that the experience as a whole ended up being decent fun.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By donutfever

I loved the game, but I read the news about how it sold just before I beat it, felt sad during the ending.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I really enjoyed it. Of course, as a huge Suda 51 fan, I probably would have liked it regardless of its actual quality, but I thought it was genuinely great. Pretty funny too. It's a shame it didn't sell better though, because I've love a Shadows of the Damned II.

Also, some fantastic colored lighting with Johnson, and in-world lights too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.