What exactly happened at the end?

#1 Edited by Castiel (2541 posts) -

So I just finished SotD a couple of minutes ago and I frickin' loved it. All though I'm not completely sure what exactly happened at the end.

So you "defeat" Paula and finally get back together with her, then you let the darkness embrace you until you slowly die, at least that's how I see it. All of a sudden both Garcia and Paula are back in their apartment and everything seems fine, at first, until someone calls and that someone is Fleming I assume.

But are Garcia and Paula still trapped in hell at the end or in some kind of weird limbo between the living and the dead world?

#2 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (459 posts) -
#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
#4 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
#5 Posted by JuggertrainUK (200 posts) -

I felt like should of ended sooner, seems like the final cut scene was thrown in there to leave it open for sequels.

#6 Posted by Castiel (2541 posts) -

@JuggertrainUK:

I wouldn't mind if we got a sequel though. Even though that's never gonna happen. :´(

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8041 posts) -

@Castiel said:

But are Garcia and Paula still trapped in hell at the end or in some kind of weird limbo between the living and the dead world?

That's what I was thinking, but yeah who knows. Fuckin Suda.

#8 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

I just finished this game myself. I thought it was really good and I enjoyed it but this post came to mind. I have no fucking clue either what happened....

#9 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I don't know. My PS3 ruined my copy. I was very close to the end.

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Castiel said:

So I just finished SotD a couple of minutes ago and I frickin' loved it. All though I'm not completely sure what exactly happened at the end.

So you "defeat" Paula and finally get back together with her, then you let the darkness embrace you until you slowly die, at least that's how I see it. All of a sudden both Garcia and Paula are back in their apartment and everything seems fine, at first, until someone calls and that someone is Fleming I assume.

They get back. Turns out Paula is the huntress who tried to kill Fleming way back when. She was kept as his more or less tourter slave. She escapes and gets to Garcia. Skip to when she is kidnapped and then the game happens. After they get back Flemming now knows where she is in the human world and sends his minions none stop to get her back. 
#11 Posted by DeathbyYeti (742 posts) -

It is a never ending cycle. Garcia saves Paula, Paula gets taken, Garcia and Johnson go through everyone to get her back, Fleming releases them(or they escape because they can somehow), and the chase begins again

#12 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4609 posts) -

@DeathbyYeti said:

It is a never ending cycle. Garcia saves Paula, Paula gets taken, Garcia and Johnson go through everyone to get her back, Fleming releases them(or they escape because they can somehow), and the chase begins again

Makes you wonder if the whole thing isn't some big game to Fleming. Kinda depressing under that light.

#13 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

Suda51.

Suda51 happened at the end.

#14 Posted by DeathbyYeti (742 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon: it must be a game. It is what gets him off. The only person to fight back was Paula. She was the unbreakable huntress that Fleming tortured and kept as his to murder over and over. Now that he can torture another soul, Garcia, it is even better

#15 Posted by Sveppi (126 posts) -

@DeathbyYeti said:

@Oldirtybearon: it must be a game. It is what gets him off. The only person to fight back was Paula. She was the unbreakable huntress that Fleming tortured and kept as his to murder over and over. Now that he can torture another soul, Garcia, it is even better

Damn, just finished and feel kinda dumb that I didn't put that together. Alas, it was a great game and I loved it. It might be absolutely insane but it's actually pretty clever under the surface.

#16 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

That's what happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.