Master of Spirits is low on story, only focusing on character interaction using certain scenes from the show. It is however, a Metroidvania style adventure game where the player can collect different spirits, of which five can be equipped to gain different abilities and benefits. Some spirits can be combined for more powerful abilities.
01. Amidamaru - Powerful slash move
02. Mosuke - Increase attack power by 3 levels
03. Tokageroh - Push wooden boxes
04. Corey - Freeze the enemy with a punch
05. Eliza - Avoid the effects of Poison
06. Silver Shield - Increase defence power 2 levels
07. Silver Tail - Increase movement speed 2 levels
08. Silver Wing - Increase furyoku recovery speed 2 levels.
09. Silver Horn - Increase attack power 2 levels
10. Silver Rod - Increase max health 2 levels
11. Mic - Sprint faster and leap further.
12. Lee Pai-Long - Use a fast special move travel under low places.
13. Bason - Rapid attack move
14. Grand Tao Dragon - Warp to the next zone if you've passed it
15. Chloe - Attach to a hook
16. Michael - An angel attack on the enemy
17. Kanta - An attack with a shower of white paint
18. Gussy Kenji - A short-range rapid punch
19. Tamegoroh - Recover health slowly while still
20. Shikigami - A projectile that uses up leaves
21. Frankensteiny - Increase movement speed 1 level
22. Ponchi - Block forwards
23. Konchi – A projectile arrow
24. Chimi-Moryo - Projectile that slows down enemies (uses up pebbles)
25. Shaolin - A shockwave attack
26. Black Raven - Increase furyoku recovery speed 3 levels
27. Tao the Great - full screen massive damage attack
28. Ian - Increase attack power 1 level
29. Nizba - Increase defense power 1 level
30. Dreisa - Increase max health 1 level
31. Yopia - Increase furyoku recovery speed 1 level
32. Badbh - Thaw out
33. Vodianoi - Reduces water resistance
34. Deht the Viking - Stop slipping on icy surfaces
35. Gororo - More powerful version of Nipopo Punch
36. Zenki - Block attacks from the front
37. Kohki - Block attacks from behind
38. Golem – A powerful beam projectile
39. Orona - Stop an enemy's movement
40. Pascal Avaf - Pause in mid-air
41. Yamagami - 4 balls of fire spin around the player
42. Gundari - Occasionally stops effect of enemy attack
43. Raphael - Lengthen the time footholds take to fall
44. Gabriel - Make light in the darkness
45. Uriel - Reduce damage done when falling in a pit
46. Metatoron - Reduce damage from needle piles
47. Sariel - Reduce damage from fire
48. Remiel - Reduce damage from electricity
49. Mash - Decides if an enemy is guilty or innocent
50. Blaumro - Reduce the enemy's health with a whip
51. Footballer - A body slam to damage the enemy
52. Shion-Shion - An attack with disc attached to a chain
53. Blocks - Produce blocks which can step onto
54. Jen - Defeat 50 enemies to make a wish come true
55. Ashcroft - Attack by throwing spears
56. Jack - Attack with throwing knives
57. Chuck - Attack with a ring laser
58. Carlos & Joao – Attack with an exploding cactus
59. Antonio - Sets a small doll on the rampage (Uses up dolls)
60. Jose - Sets a small doll on the rampage (Uses up dolls)
61. Pancho - Sets a small doll on the rampage (Uses up dolls)
62. Zapata - Sets a small doll on the rampage (Uses up dolls)
63. Miguel - Sets a small doll on the rampage (Uses up dolls)
64. Magnescope - Look around
65. Mama - Turn into a small sheep and move at high speed
66. Cifer - Stop the enemy moving with a hammer attack
67. Spirit of Fire - Recover health each time you kill an enemy
68. Matamune - Full screen sword attack that does massive damage
1. Revival (Ian, Nizba, Dreisa, Yophia)
When you die 4 spirits take you to the world-map and recover all your health instead of giving you a game-over screen. This is a good way to avoid losing life as long as you have it as one of your 4 sets.
2. Totem Attack (Silver Shield, Silver Tail, Silver Wing, Silver Horn, Silver Rod)
This is a powerful beam attack that shows the player with large shoulder cannon.
3. Grand Halo Blade (Amidamaru, Mosuke)
It is much like regular Halo Bump attack however, done 4 consecutive times.
4. Cavalry Charge (Bason, Black Raven)
The player with rush forward as long as the attack button is pressed, attacking rapidly.
5. Grande Phantasma (Antonio, Jose, Pancho, Zapata, Miguel)
A skeleton hand holding a big knife comes from the opposite side of the player and attack full screen, this is the most powerful move in the game.
6. Ray of Light (Michael and any 4 of these 6 spirits : Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Sariel, Remiel, Metatoron)
This is a full screen attack where angles appear and fly all over the screen attacking everything they touch.
7. Jaguar Man (Mic and Pascal Avaf)
You can only activate it while jumping, when you do, the player wears a jaguar suit and will slowly fall down and you can move the player left or right until he touches the ground.