Came out of nowhere, any one playing ?

#1 Edited by ToxicFruit (1713 posts) -

Just saw this pop up on steam, had no idea that this was coming out today, and bought it.

Played the first level and it is definitely more shank, which is not a bad thing , and they seem to have made it better with smother animations and more responsive controls.

Not gone into the multiplayer yet but from that quicklook ex video is looks pretty cool.

Anyone picking this up ?

EDIT: Played a little more now and am still really enjoying it. Me and a friend of mine also took a look at the multiplayer and it is a really cool co-op mode, really fast and hectic

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I was playing the first Shank on co-op with a friend, we reached a big Boss Battle where two huge fat dudes totally obliterated us because apparently I had to unlock the co-op guns on my own in singleplayer.  
And we never touched the game again.. 

I'll pass on this!

#3 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

I want to get into these. Any thoughts on the first one?

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1593 posts) -

@DrMcKittrick said:

I want to get into these. Any thoughts on the first one?

The first one is pretty good, if you don't mind getting it on pc you might be able to still get it from the last Humble Bundle, which would be much cheaper.

As for the topic, I might pick it up eventually... Once I finish the first one...

#5 Posted by FLStyle (4401 posts) -

I also had no idea this was out, must have not heard it on the bombcast.

#6 Posted by ShaggE (5999 posts) -

Love the changes, but man, it really peters out at the end. The game feels unfinished, like they just kind of stopped making levels out of the blue. Still, if they make a Shank 3, I'll be on board. As brief as they are, I still enjoy them immensely.

#7 Posted by DocHaus (1286 posts) -

I feel like it's certainly worth $10, as they took everything good from the first game and made them even better, plus now you can blow/smack enemies up using the environment. It does feel a little short, but it's still a very good game.

#8 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

The first one was a poorly designed piece of shit, so i think i'll pass this time.

#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (5981 posts) -

Been playing the co-op a bit. Its really fun, especially with a fellow duder that knows what he's doing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.