Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shank

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 24, 2010

A bloody tale of revenge, Shank is a 2D brawler which has players slicing, shooting, grenading and chainsawing their way through enemies.

A Word Of Warning when trying the trial and then buying it...

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aseddon130

i played the trial version today and liked what i saw, so at the end of Level 1 when it asked me do i want to buy it i purchased the game and then carried on playing. After playing for a few levels i realised i wasn't getting many achievements so i had a look at what they were and they were acheivements i should have gotten already (example: kill 20 enemies) the only achievement that pinged was the kill 100 enemies. 

To fix this i had to delete my savegame and start again, then the achievements came on as they were supposed to. 

If u like the game and you choose to buy it, quit out the trial, buy it then start again from the beginning

Not that it fully matters because this game is fun and you'll play it over and over anyway, it was mostly just for that 'kill 20 enemies' achievement because you cant do that again once it starts tallying up your kill number. 

Hope this helps a few peoples!!!
    Consaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Consaw

I had the same thing happen to me. I got the achievement for 100 kills, but none for 20 kills. It's not a huge deal for me though since its only worth like 5 points. but still kinda annoying. 

Ethereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Ethereal

This exact thing happened to me last night.  I got thru the 3rd stage already.  I think I will probably restart it tonight since it won't take that long to replay through those pieces.  This game looks like a relatively easy S rank although I'm betting hard is pretty brutal given that some of the stuff on normal is already stupid challenging.  But I also think its partly because I haven't gotten a total grip on the combo system/what moves work on what guys yet.  Really enjoying this game so far though

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

Weird.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Nadafinga
    Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i normally do that with all trials i play

adeepname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adeepname

thanks for the heads up. buying that game tomorrow.

gegnre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By gegnre

I watched a friend play this over ustream earlier and immediately swore it off. After watching his narrowly survive an encounter by tossing a pair of enemies away then filling them full of his remaining bullets THEN jumping a huge dude and juggling him with a chainsaw... well, I think you see where I'm going with this. :)

Sedasys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sedasys

This happened to me. I didn't delete my savegame, though, I'm still working on getting all the costumes. I think I'll just wait for the fix.

EDIT: Crap. It also stops you getting the 'The Wrong Guy' achievement. That's 15g off.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Shadow

The developer acknowledges that 8/12 of the achievements are broken.  That's why I haven't bought this yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.