I got this today for $6

#1 Posted by oraknabo (1467 posts) -

I had Shenmue on the DC and a copy of this one with no voices that I never finished, but I never got a chance to try the official XBOX version. I had to do about 20 upgrades on my first load up, but I'm really glad it's working on the 360. Movement with the 360's d-pad pretty much sucks, but this game still impresses me completely - even after playing Yakuza and GTAIV.
I know there's not much of a chance of ever getting the third title, but these days I don't think it would be very hard for someone to just remake the whole trilogy on the 360 into one game with even more little stuff to interact with in each location and more job opportunities.

#2 Posted by oraknabo (1467 posts) -

#3 Posted by oraknabo (1467 posts) -

what the hell, I'll post this here too just because it rules

#4 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Dude, believe. Shenmue III WILL come. Maybe. (Not).

#5 Posted by oraknabo (1467 posts) -

HOW ABOUT TRYING LUCKY HIT?

#6 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
oraknabo said:
"HOW ABOUT TRYING LUCKY HIT?"
"Changed my mind".
#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I picked up a copy for about $4 a while back...I enjoyed it so much that I quickly got rid of it. Either #2 sucked, or the series doesn't really hold up.

#8 Posted by Jamakan_Inc (84 posts) -

Ah Shenmue, how I long for your return.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.