Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 29, 1999

An action-adventure game set in 1980s Japan that follows one young man's journey to avenge his father's murder. It was praised for its ambitious scope and pioneered several gameplay features such as realistic open-world environments and Quick Time Events.

Favourite game?

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CarpetRemnant

Was this ever anyone else's favourite game? I remember getting this for the dreamcast way back and having my mind thoroughly blown. I was slightly disappointed by number 2 but still live in hope of a third installment.
    Still ranks as one of my top ten best.

MadBootsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By MadBootsy

I would say it's definitely in my Top 10 somewhere. But whoa whoa whoa...what disappointed you about Shenmue II?? It felt like it was essentially the same game except with a different setting and new characters. Sure it didn't have TOM THE HOT DOG GUY but still, I thought it was a pretty good continuation of the story.

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CarpetRemnant

It kind of....went a bit weird at the end, there's all that walking you do and you go to that city that's essentially loads of QTEs one after the other. It just didn't seem as fresh and new as the original somehow.

skonell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By skonell

Shenmue is definitely in my Top 5 games of all time and it is my favorite Dreamcast game.

I really wanna see a Shenmue III, but honestly, I don't think it's going to happen, which sucks!

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By kenzo287

I"ve always wanted to play it but I never got a Dreamcast. From what everyone says I'm sure it would be one of my favorites.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb

Shenmue II is my second favourite game of all time.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Emilio

I just started playing it again and just got to the second disc. Probably my favorite game, but I can't think of anything else I've played that can top it... maybe Half-Life 2... but not even close.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.