Shia LeBeouf likes Civ IV, hates the Wii

• 117 results
#1 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -
http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/18/interview-transformers-shia-labeouf-loves-civilization-iv/

+1 respect for the guy for liking Civ IV, but I think he's underestimating the fun that is Lego Star Wars Wii. Or maybe Megan Fox is just really annoying in person.

Key quotes:

"What's the last game that really impressed you?
Sid Meier's Civilization."

"You play everything including real-time strategy?
Buddy, I'm a gamer. Not just the fake ones you read about. "

"I don't mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing."

What's wrong with the Wii?
This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there."

"Is that why you wouldn't play LEGO Star Wars with Megan Fox on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
Correct. Who wants to play the Wii version of LEGO Star Wars. I'd rather eat glass."
#2 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
#3 Posted by DarkGamerOO7 (574 posts) -

I don't like the Wii either but Shia really needs to shut the fuck up, he's already fucked enough with his "All the good actors are messed up." comment.

#4 Posted by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -

im not really interested in the wii but i dont think its a fake amateur console
i dunno but this article kinda makes him sound exactly not like a gamer, and more like "[one of] the fake ones you read about"

just a little too bro-ey "hardcore" to me

#5 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

Man, Civilization came out a long time ago... even IV. He needs to catch up.

#6 Posted by MB (12207 posts) -

Shia LeDouche?

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Why do people think celebrities know everything/their opinions are valuable on every subject? I'm not sure he qualifies as a gamer (unless somebody would like to introduce some evidence otherwise).

#8 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

The guy has a point, the 360 version of Lego Star Wars blows the fuck away of the Wii version.  heh.. waggle...  hm.

#9 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I'm fine with him not liking the Wii, but the "This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there." part made me lose some respect for the dude.

#10 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Shia LaBoeuf had this to say about his mother:

"Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother," he says. "She's an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren't my mother, as sick as that sounds."
#11 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -
@MB said:
" Shia LeDouche? "
.............clever
#12 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

He was in Even Stevens =D
Making his argument invalid.
Although I did like Even Stevens as a child.
I know that makes my argument invalid but before someone pulls me up on that, think about this, were you ever in Even Stevens?

#13 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
Shia said:
"Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother," he says. "She's an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren't my mother, as sick as that sounds."
This. if you wanna take advice from/relate to the guy who wants to fuck his mom, that's up to you... I'd rather turn in my "gamer card" personally.
#14 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

I would judge Shia, but first I need to see a picture of this here mother of his.

#15 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -

Here's why Shia's comments matter: actors are culture-drivers. A young, (mostly) well-adjusted, attractive guy who plays computer games that aren't on the Wii helps make video games and gaming more acceptable in general culture.

#16 Posted by freakin (404 posts) -

well I've seen the picture, so as not to seem rude I'll just say... carry on.

#17 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@freakin said:
" I would judge Shia, but first I need to see a picture of this here mother of his. "
#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@freezerr said:
" Here's why Shia's comments matter: actors are culture-drivers. A young, (mostly) well-adjusted, attractive guy who plays computer games that aren't on the Wii helps make video games and gaming more acceptable in general culture. "
I thought the Wii was already kinda doing that. Damn you, conflicting messages!!!
#19 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

Then eat some fucking glass Shia. Nobody  really cares. Seriously? Ask them if they have a Wii to judge a gamer? Real gamers play or at least have some respect for all consoles, Shia.

#20 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -
I've liked the guy ever since Even Steven's, but there's no reason the shit on the Wii. After all it does have like 2 good games maybe even 3.
I kid because i love. 

#21 Posted by zander1123 (95 posts) -
@freezerr said:
" Here's why Shia's comments matter: actors are culture-drivers. A young, (mostly) well-adjusted, attractive guy who plays computer games that aren't on the Wii helps make video games and gaming more acceptable in general culture. "
This 
#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
"
I've liked the guy ever since Even Steven's, but there's no reason the shit on the Wii. After all it does have like 2 good games maybe even 3.
I kid because i love. 

"
No, it has, like, 450 great games. And when you take out all the Virtual Console games, you get 10 :P.
#23 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

How this mother fucka keep getting work? All the films I've seen him in so far, he's just not right for them.

#24 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh: I thought he was way to young looking for the part in Eagle Eye, same as Indie. 

I liked him in Holes, Disturbia and Transformers though.
#25 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @freezerr said:
I thought the Wii was already kinda doing that. Damn you, conflicting messages!!! "
The Wii is sort of doing this, but only by subverting the stereotype of video games and saying "Hey look guys, here's a video game where you exercise! Unlike all those other video games for fat, lazy losers lolol." Clearly, there was a huge market for a system with some games like this, but I don't see it leading to acceptance of traditional gaming (in moderation).
#26 Posted by Grilledcheez (3946 posts) -

Everybody is entitled to their opinions...of course when it comes to him I don't really care.  Transformers is good, but not because he's in it. ;)

#27 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01 said:
" Everybody is entitled to their opinions...of course when it comes to him I don't really care.  Transformers is good, but not because he's in it. ;) "
Transformers is good because GIANT ROBOT FIGHTS.
#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@freezerr said:
The Wii is sort of doing this, but only by subverting the stereotype of video games and saying "Hey look guys, here's a video game where you exercise! Unlike all those other video games for fat, lazy losers lolol." Clearly, there was a huge market for a system with some games like this, but I don't see it leading to acceptance of traditional gaming (in moderation). "
You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. Isn't it good that people are starting to move away from the image of a fat kid sitting in front of a TV at night, the only light emanating from the TV, his eyes focused on the screen, pushing buttons like a zombie? Isn't it a good thing that people no longer think of that stupid fucking image?
#29 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Hahahahaha

#30 Posted by krystians (402 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" Why do people think celebrities know everything/their opinions are valuable on every subject? I'm not sure he qualifies as a gamer (unless somebody would like to introduce some evidence otherwise). "
Think so too. I like him in movies, but a true gamer will love all systems. This really pissed me off.
#31 Edited by Knives (711 posts) -

"This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there."

Ironic. Have fun with Transformers 2: The Game, Shia.
#32 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I kind of find it ironic that people bash on celebrities for preferring one console over another (not liking the Wii), while most of us here don't really enjoy the Wii and many of us are fanboys for Xbox 360/PS3.

While it would have been better that he would be more down to earth as a gamer, I don't see any problem with his dislike over the Wii.

#33 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@freezerr said:
" "I don't mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing.""
That console is so amateur! Totally unprofessional.
#34 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I suppose Megan Fox wouldn't mind playing with my Wii. :P

#35 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

Actors need to not push their opinions on other people.
I like to watch you portray others on screen for my entertainment.
The second you tell me what games you play, what religion you are, what political party you support, or even what you had for breakfast I stop giving a shit.

#36 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" Actors need to not push their opinions on other people.I like to watch you portray others on screen for my entertainment. The second you tell me what games you play, what religion you are, what political party you support, or even what you had for breakfast I stop giving a shit. "
You said it best, and you're defiantly a much better actor than that punk-ass.
#37 Posted by EVO (3890 posts) -

Who?

#38 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

He can hate the Wii as long as I can hate Shia Lebeouf.

Fair is fair.

#39 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -
@krystians said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" Why do people think celebrities know everything/their opinions are valuable on every subject? I'm not sure he qualifies as a gamer (unless somebody would like to introduce some evidence otherwise). "
Think so too. I like him in movies, but a true gamer will love all systems. This really pissed me off. "
For sure man.  I enjoy films with Shia in them, but I would not take his advice on games, EVER!  lol.
#40 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

LOL wow much like the people are system wars you all are bitching. HOW DARE SOMEONE FAMOUS and not part of this forum have an opinion where we cant attack him? I know lets attack his taste in women by showing pictures of him walking with his mom man! that will really show him.
We'll make him feel shame for bringing down million dollar figure income and staring in movies, and working with Megan Fox how dare that bastard!

P.S: a true gamer does not have to like all systems or games he just has to like...games...

@JeffGoldblum said:

" Actors need to not push their opinions on other people.I like to watch you portray others on screen for my entertainment. The second you tell me what games you play, what religion you are, what political party you support, or even what you had for breakfast I stop giving a shit. "
So He came to your house and forced his opinion on you? stole your Wii and threw it onto the ground and broke it? he didn't answer a question in an interview that you didn't know about till you clicked the link on this forum?
#41 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I didn't insult his taste in women by showing a pic of his mom. Someone asked to see his mom (after reading the dude is lustfully obsessed with her), thus I simply showed him. Understand? As for his money, I don't think anyone but you cares honestly...

Celebrity or not (personally I had to google for him when I first saw it) he's still stating his opinions as facts (he's done that in the past as well, concerning actors bigger than he ever will be) in the same manner the most arrogant and ignorant users of forums like these do, thus he receives the same backlash anybody else would, or should. What's so wrong about that? That's a rhetorical question.

Oh I know, you're a Shia LaBeouf fanboy, just like people who defended the Wii here or elsewhere are Wii fanboys (clear sarcasm, don't bother).

In short, they bitch @ Shia and you bitch @ them yet pretend to be all high and mighty in comparison with your patronising tone. No thanks, dude.

#42 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" I didn't insult his taste in women by showing a pic of his mom. Someone asked to see his mom (after reading the dude is lustfully obsessed with her), thus I simply showed him. Understand? As for his money, I don't think anyone but you cares...Celebrity or not (personally I had to google for him when I first saw it) he's still stating opinion as fact in a manner the most arrogant and ignorant users of forums like these do, thus he receives the same backlast as anybody else would.Oh I know, you're a Shia Lebeouf fanboy, just like people who defended the Wii here or elsewhere are Wii fanboys >_> "
yes that must be it! it couldn't be that Shia is a shitty actor and he didn't state any thing as FACT he gave an opinion.
but hey al3x to the RESCUE must save my precious WII! its honor is smeared!

It couldn't be that he doesn't like the wii and gave his reasons for it his opinion but hey he stated it as fact some how you know exactly what he was thinking and what he ment in context wait a minute? DID YOU GIVE HIM THE INTERVIEW AL3X? I knew it you purposely drew my Precious Shia......*nevermind*

*laughs hard* As for that I don't exactly remember singling you out Al3x as the person making fun of him OUTSIDE video game realms by his taste in women...etc I don't remember quoting you or mentioning you specifically Instead I said  lets attack as in a parody word usage of you guys attacking him so i put my self as the attacker in my setence sort of a metaphorical yet straightforward statement.
As for that the only reason most people are getting pissy is cause they are jealous and unable to take it out on him face to face though if they did meet him face to face would probably ask for his autograph instead they must rage.

but I'm no suprised of it comming from you Al3x since he could have said he masturbates to the Wii but didn't like SMG and you would call him a hater cause he doesn't consider every thing Wii perfection though thats the common course any Preceived or Actual slight againest the Wii and its honor must be protected as is the case here Because I make a statement of FACT as to why you guys are bitching then that must mean I'm a Shia fanboy though it could just be that... He's a person asked in an Interview of his opinion On the Wii and because he doesn't like it then that means its stating it as fact and forcing it on us all.

HOW DARE he give an opinion in an interview i wasn't forced to read!! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEE.

P.S: I am actually QUITE HIGH AND MIGHTY HERE because i'm not attacking someone cause of an opinion that i wasn't forced to read.

#43 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
@TwoOneFive:

#44 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

@Will, you weren't forced to read people's opinions about him or what he said, yet you're being more pissy. Take your own advice, dude. You're not attacking anyone? You're attacking pretty much everyone here, except for one or two people who (hopefully?) pretend to agree with him.

And what further context do you need? It's clear he says anyone who simply owns a Wii is not a gamer, regardless of context. You can't change the meaning to the opposite depending on the context. That even includes many Wii bashers here, yet they'll ignore that little detail and agree...

As for not "singling me out" you can't be serious. I was the one that showed a pic of his mom here, so when you referenced that, you did. Duh?

#45 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

You guys realize what you're arguing about right? ...... RIGHT!??!?!?

#46 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Sounds like the regular cool HD gamer kid to me. What's the news?

#47 Posted by Delta_Ass (3274 posts) -

I've always thought of Shia LaBeouf as a no talent douche from Even Stevens, but this interview actually made me sorta like him.

#48 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -

Another reason I like Shia.

#49 Posted by OptimusPrime (81 posts) -

well.  this was interesting. I for one do not agree with his Wii comment, but at the same time, I can't remember the last time i played my Wii, even for a VC game. so...idk...

what got me was when he said he played madden just cause another cast member did and he didn't really like it. How come he played madden for that kid but not lego whatever with megan fox? strange huh?
#50 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" Another reason I like Shia. "
That dumb Transformer film and this. He's defiantly awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.