Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shift 2: Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

The sequel to the 2009 racer Need for Speed: Shift. Shift 2 features improved graphics, a new campaign mode and the addition of the Autolog system as featured in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

Anyone getting shift 2?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

So I know NFS Shift was pretty weak but after watching some of the previews for the sequel I must say this game looks amazing. But I know the history, I know that the NFS franchise, save for Hot Pursuit (2010), has been garbage for the last 5 years or so and it's making me question this decision. I don't want to get duped, and not to mention that Dirt3 is coming out too and that's a day 1 purchase for me. 

Are there people out there who loved NFS Shift? Who's getting it and who's not? What will the reviews be like? Was Hot Pursuit the resurgence of NFS? Why are there only 3 topics on this forum?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I never played Shift, but the sequel looks really amazing.  I'm definitely getting it.  The only problem is it's not on Steam yet... so I'm kind of worried because I don't want to have to buy it from the EA store... 

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By trace

A bunch of the Forza Race Night guys, myself included, are probably going to get Shift 2. The track selection is quite good, and it seems the physics have improved decently from the first Shift. I enjoyed playing it at PAX East, and that's good enough for me.

Just...not much to say about it, I guess.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

hmm... I'm thinking of just buying Shift 2 from the EA store, so does anyone have experience with the EA download manager?  Is it a heavy program to keep running?  Also can I download the game as many times as I want like Steam?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I thought the controls in the first Shift game was horrible.  Everything wanted to drift around corners.  I might try this new one.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1

it looks pretty neat, but i'll wait until a price drop. 

also, i had no idea that this game was even coming out soon. where's the marketing for it? i haven't seen anything 

Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Butler

I enjoyed Hot Pursuit(It had it's problems but overall I liked it), but the fact that they included an unskippable trailer for Shift 2 in the game has killed any thoughts of purchasing a title from EA again.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97

It seems that there has been little hype to this at all. I didn't even realize it comes out tomorrow.
    @blacklabeldomm: The shift series is developed by different developers than the main NFS series. I think they've made Shift a spin-off.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @FrankCanada97:  who is the "main" developer for NFS? Are the Shift 1 guys and gals the same people who made Carbon and undercover or whatever those where?
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Deranged

I liked Shift, and I want to get the new one, but I think I'm just going to wait on Dirt 3.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vexed

I guess I'm in the minority in really liking the first Shift?  Actually pretty stoked for this game, but being it a NFS game I had to go the rental route.  Just can't  trust them not to completely screw the pooch with any given game, heh.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @blacklabeldomm said:

" @FrankCanada97:  who is the "main" developer for NFS? Are the Shift 1 guys and gals the same people who made Carbon and undercover or whatever those where? "

The Shift series was developed by Slightly Mad Studios composed of developers that worked on the hardcore GTR sim racing series. The guys that made Carbon and Undercover (among other low quality NFS titles recently) was EA Black Box. Criterion developed Hot Pursuit.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Devil240Z

I want a sequel to Pro Street.  

Why do people shit on that game it was dope. 

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By GeekDown

I loved the first game so I'm buying it. Unfortunately I have a ton of school work ,but I might try to get it next week if I have some time.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I got it, and so far I'm loving it. Has the Autolog from Hot Pursuit in it, and the first-person camera mode is great.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic

NO MOAR NEED FOR SPEED 
    NO MOAR !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.