Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shift 2: Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

The sequel to the 2009 racer Need for Speed: Shift. Shift 2 features improved graphics, a new campaign mode and the addition of the Autolog system as featured in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

How Realistic Will Shift 2 Be?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Well - according to this sweet promotional video...

...Slightly Mad Studios will go all the way simulation racing with Shift 2. Since Hot Pursuit has established a highly successful NFS arcade brand, it seems like Shift can go all out simulation. That whole tire-simulation thingy looks pretty snazzy and accurate. The cuts from real-life to in-game footage is nothing short from breath-taking. Might very well turn out to be the best executed driving simulation to date. Especially for fans of cockpit perspective racing. The helmet cam takes that aspect of racing sims a whole lot further. It's smart and gameplay relevant too, not just a gimmick. It's programmed in a way, so I'll be looking at the  track like a racing-pro would. Looking into the apex and such. How fucking awesome was that segment with drifting and looking out of the sidewindow?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

That perspective stuff looks pretty amazing. It certainly looks a hell of a lot better than it's predecessor.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I guess it's pretty realistic. The developers seem to say so.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

That helmet cam really might solve the problem I've had with cockpit views in racers.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Phr4nk0

Helmet cam looks awesome, I havn't played the first Shift yet, but I've bought it and it's pretty much next in line to be jammed into my xbox. I was thinking the other day that it'd be cool if they used the kinect I bought and barely used to track my actual head movements instead of preprogramming where they think I'll be looking. Even if where I'm looking will be pretty much exactly where they'll point it anyway seeing as you want to look into the turn and all that.

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By easthill

I'm a bit skeptical if I'll be able to know where the fuck my car is going when I'm looking out the side window. You know where you got your real car, not so much in a game. But it's looking promising.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

I'll give it a go...

Avatar image for mezzerliptikjay
    MezzerliptikJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MezzerliptikJay

If the damage physics are any good like...overheating engines being able to see water & oil temps etc (just like a proper racing simulator should be)
    Then ill pre-order this in a heartbeat!
    If its anything like Forza 3 (which called itself a so called sim) 
    custom races =only 3 laps 
    A.I = rubbish and slow
    car damage = none, then ill give it a miss...

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Nasar7

Well the first Shift was absolute shit so I suppose it can only go up from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.