Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shift 2: Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

The sequel to the 2009 racer Need for Speed: Shift. Shift 2 features improved graphics, a new campaign mode and the addition of the Autolog system as featured in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

The name of this game should be spelled without the "F".

• 80 results
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

To all the people trashing Gran Turismo 5:   At least that game *worked*.  Check this out:

It's exactly the same on the PC.    What were they thinking?   The one thing they haven't tested was the *driving* in a *driving* game. o_O
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Use a controller?  It sucks that a wheel doesn't work but meh.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @SethPhotopoulos: The input lag is present with a controller as well.  

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

Have you or has your source tried multiple wheels? Is it perhaps a problem with that wheel? I'm not trying to be dismissive but, as you said, it does seem like a huge over sight.

It is weird to me that my brother said this game was awful as well and he liked the first one.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @teh_pwnzorer: Thats odd.  I haven't heard about this before.  That really sucks.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Sasran said:

"I'm not trying to be dismissive but, as you said, it does seem like a huge over sight. "

I would post more youtube videos, but the last time I did that I was accused of youtube spam.  Everybody's saying "input lag" regardless of controller or platform. 

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/120/5526240.page#13106553
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Vinny_Says

seems fine on xbox with a controller, maybe it's just a PS3 thing?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

Only played a few minutes of it at a retailers but it was on 360 and was nothing like that. I actually thought it felt pretty good.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d

That is what happens when devs only take care with the 360 version and release awful ports for everyone else. What a load of shit.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Klei

And then again, a bunch of ungrateful gamers who acts like spoiled brats. That's really all I have to say to TC and his followers.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " seems fine on xbox with a controller, maybe it's just a PS3 thing? "
    Here's the same thing on PC:

@xyzygy said:
    " Only played a few minutes of it at a retailers but it was on 360 and was nothing like that. I actually thought it felt pretty good. "
    Vids or it didn't happen.  :)  If the game's broken on PC and PS3 and not on 360, then...well...I wouldn't be too surprised.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Klei said:
    " And then again, a bunch of ungrateful gamers who acts like spoiled brats. That's really all I have to say to TC and his followers. "
    What the hell are you talking about?
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Klei said:
    " And then again, a bunch of ungrateful gamers who acts like spoiled brats. That's really all I have to say to TC and his followers. "
    Yeah, because not having a game work like it's supposed to is being "spoiled"...you must be some new kind of stupid...if you bought a game and it didn't work would you really be whining? I guess you can't complain about anything without you being an asshole. There's a difference between being spoiled and simply asking what you paid for, but I guess you just jumped on the "gamers are spoiled" wagon and don't actually know when to get off.
    Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Vexed

Weird, definitely doesn't have that problem on 360, but it still has the minor problem of not being a fun game  =/

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By craigbo180

No Caption Provided
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy
    @teh_pwnzorer: I would upload one if I had the game but like I said it was at Wal Mart. They had a demo of it going, I literally just raced around for like 45 seconds then my sister wanted to go home. lol. Maybe I didn't play for long enough to notice anything. But those videos show horrible lag and I think I would have noticed it right off the bat
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EVO

It's to add weight to the steering.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @EVO said:
    " It's to add weight to the steering. "
    o_O  I hope you're joking.    Do you own a wheel?  Do you know what *force feedback* is?  

Here's how a *good* racing game, GTR2 (IGN's PC racing game of the year for 2006) behaves:

If you want to add weight to the steering wheel, you use force feedback *and the movement of your wheel still corresponds to the in-game wheel*.  I suppose EA found their niche: clueless racing game noobs.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EVO
    @teh_pwnzorer: Relax, I was poking fun at Killzone 2. And yes, I own a wheel.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @EVO: Phew.  I really did hope you were joking.  :) 
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Red12b
    @Klei said:
    No, I Bought the game, tried it, thought the lag was apart of the "Experience" and returned it to the store because it really sucks, if the lag is because it's a shitty port then we all have a good reason to complain, 

You are an idiot to think that consumer rights mean "Spoiled Brats" in short get fucked.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Jimbo

Killzone 2 was similarly broken at launch iirc.  I RQ'd out of that shit after about 30 minutes and never went back to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
    deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks that it sounds like there was a bad port job on this game, and while I hate to see people get taken advantage of, as a consumer your 'rights' don't extend to the quality of a product, especially not when it comes to entertainment. Sure, if you bought a box of cups, and they were all broken, you should be able to return them. But videogames, like movies and books, are an intangible entertainment experience. If you pay money to see a shitty film or buy a crappy book, you can't really ask for your money back because it was 'broken'. 

People selling you something shitty is not a transgression of your human rights. By providing you with what they said they would, namely, a racing game that lets you drive cars and control it with a wheel, they completed the transaction, and technically have no legal obligation to support you any further. Obviously, it's in their interest to put out a good product, because negative word of mouth has a huge impact on sales, but they have a right to try and sell a bad product, and you have a right not to buy it.  Y'all should have waited for the reviews. 
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @GravityProof said:
    " It sucks that it sounds like there was a bad port job on this game, and while I hate to see people get taken advantage of, as a consumer your 'rights' don't extend to the quality of a product, especially not when it comes to entertainment. Sure, if you bought a box of cups, and they were all broken, you should be able to return them. But videogames, like movies and books, are an intangible entertainment experience. If you pay money to see a shitty film or buy a crappy book, you can't really ask for your money back because it was 'broken'. 

People selling you something shitty is not a transgression of your human rights. By providing you with what they said they would, namely, a racing game that lets you drive cars and control it with a wheel, they completed the transaction, and technically have no legal obligation to support you any further. Obviously, it's in their interest to put out a good product, because negative word of mouth has a huge impact on sales, but they have a right to try and sell a bad product, and you have a right not to buy it.  Y'all should have waited for the reviews. 
    "
    Umm sorry but that is crap.  Noticeable delay is not an artistic choice it's a visible measure of broken function.  You shouldn't be talking from your arse and presenting farts as thoughtful commentary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeriouslyNow said: 

Umm sorry but that is crap.  Noticeable delay is not an artistic choice it's a visible measure of broken function.  You shouldn't be talking from your arse and presenting farts as thoughtful commentary. "

Wasn't saying it was an artistic choice. It seems to be a poorly made product, but there's badly made crap everywhere. They're allowed to sell poorly made games, just as Old Navy is allowed to sell poorly made clothing. You're well within reason to say "I bought this shitty thing and it would be nice if they made it better", but not to say "I bought this shitty thing and they MUST make it better". 

It's frustrating to spend your money on something that sucks, so it's natural to want to direct those feelings externally, but a lot of this frustration could have been averted by waiting to read the reviews.    
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By scarace360

Well that fucking sucks

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @GravityProof said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said: 

Umm sorry but that is crap.  Noticeable delay is not an artistic choice it's a visible measure of broken function.  You shouldn't be talking from your arse and presenting farts as thoughtful commentary. "

Wasn't saying it was an artistic choice. It seems to be a poorly made product, but there's badly made crap everywhere. They're allowed to sell poorly made games, just as Old Navy is allowed to sell poorly made clothing. You're well within reason to say "I bought this shitty thing and it would be nice if they made it better", but not to say "I bought this shitty thing and they MUST make it better".  It's frustrating to spend your money on something that sucks, so it's natural to want to direct those feelings externally, but a lot of this frustration could have been averted by waiting to read the reviews.     "
    Once again that is crap.  People who purchase something expect it to work, if it doesn't work then they are well within their rights to complain and/or ask for their money back, which clearly some people have already done (if you read through the thread).  Telling people that they should've waited for reviews and so the onus is on them is not only wrong (because a functional product is something people expect when they pay money for it), but also propagates the myth that people aren't empowered enough to return faulty goods or make their own decisions (reviews are useful as guides but shouldn't be used to identify issues like this which should be fixed before a product is released for sale - Shift has already been reviewed and previewed and this issue hasn't been mentioned - I wonder why that's the case?  Could it be that reviewers aren't reporting it?? SHOCK HORROR).  Consumers have power and just because you don't care to act on it, don't give people negative commentary and useless "I told you so" advice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeriouslyNow said:
    " @GravityProof said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said: 

Wasn't saying it was an artistic choice. It seems to be a poorly made product, but there's badly made crap everywhere. They're allowed to sell poorly made games, just as Old Navy is allowed to sell poorly made clothing. You're well within reason to say "I bought this shitty thing and it would be nice if they made it better", but not to say "I bought this shitty thing and they MUST make it better".  It's frustrating to spend your money on something that sucks, so it's natural to want to direct those feelings externally, but a lot of this frustration could have been averted by waiting to read the reviews.     "
    Once again that is crap.  People who purchase something expect it to work, if it doesn't work then they are well within their rights to complain and/or ask for their money back, which clearly some people have already done (if you read through the thread).  Telling people that they should've waited for reviews and so the onus is on them is not only wrong (because a functional product is something people expect when they pay money for it), but also propagates the myth that people aren't empowered enough to return faulty goods or make their own decisions (reviews are useful as guides but shouldn't be used to identify issues like this which should be fixed before a product is released for sale - Shift has already been reviewed and previewed and this issue hasn't been mentioned - I wonder why that's the case?  Could it be that reviewers aren't reporting it?? SHOCK HORROR).  Consumers have power and just because you don't care to act on it, don't give people negative commentary and useless "I told you so" advice. "
    If people are able to return it, that's great, and it's a sign that retailers clearly respect their potential customers more than the game's developer. But the game technically 'works'. When you put it in your machine it plays a driving game that is controlled by either wheel or game pad. It's not 'broken', it's 'bad'. 

The onus IS on consumers to inform themselves before they spend their money. The people who made the game and the people who sold it have no responsibility to tell you that something kind of sucks before trying to sell it to you. I'll restate the point; Selling a bad product is not a violation of consumer's rights. You don't have a right to buy quality products, you have a choice. 
    CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By CSXLoser

to add on to the horrible PC port. No matter how low i put the steering sensitiveny, the car is doing power slides  :\

and no im not doing drifting events.

Also i had to manually configure the "Preset" config for my wheel just so I COULD BRAKE 
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

Lag and a baby on Xbox 360 (The title says no lag but the guy is distracted by the baby, apparently):

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @GravityProof said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @GravityProof said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said: 

Once again that is crap.  People who purchase something expect it to work, if it doesn't work then they are well within their rights to complain and/or ask for their money back, which clearly some people have already done (if you read through the thread).  Telling people that they should've waited for reviews and so the onus is on them is not only wrong (because a functional product is something people expect when they pay money for it), but also propagates the myth that people aren't empowered enough to return faulty goods or make their own decisions (reviews are useful as guides but shouldn't be used to identify issues like this which should be fixed before a product is released for sale - Shift has already been reviewed and previewed and this issue hasn't been mentioned - I wonder why that's the case?  Could it be that reviewers aren't reporting it?? SHOCK HORROR).  Consumers have power and just because you don't care to act on it, don't give people negative commentary and useless "I told you so" advice. "
    If people are able to return it, that's great, and it's a sign that retailers clearly respect their potential customers more than the game's developer. But the game technically 'works'. When you put it in your machine it plays a driving game that is controlled by either wheel or game pad. It's not 'broken', it's 'bad'. 

The onus IS on consumers to inform themselves before they spend their money. The people who made the game and the people who sold it have no responsibility to tell you that something kind of sucks before trying to sell it to you. I'll restate the point; Selling a bad product is not a violation of consumer's rights. You don't have a right to buy quality products, you have a choice. 
    "
    Keep thinking like that, keep telling yourself you're right, meanwhile consumers who do actually act like responsible, thinking adults will continue to complain and ask for returns.  The game doesn't work, it works poorly.  Something which works poorly is defective.  Much like your thought process.  Having a thought process and having an effective thought process aren't the same thing, even though they both require the firing of synapses.
    Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Klei
    @Red12b: 

So then because the game sucks, the chart of the consumer's rights should be involved? Okay.

And no need to lower yourself on the insult wagon, I was just pointing out that Shift 2 is meant for entertainment, and people should take it for its many good points instead of concentrating on the bad ones.

Thus, calling this game '' Shit '' would be a bit overkill, since you probably all had fun with it.

Bottom line, people exaggerate when they're mad.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Klei said:

" @Red12b:  Bottom line, people exaggerate when they're mad.
    "

Look for a single other post where I called a game shit and it was undeserved.
    It's also rather alarming that you can't comprehend the following fact: a video game that centers around driving should allow the player to actually control the cars. 

EDIT: Also, all you've done in this thread is to insult other posters.  Go away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeriouslyNow said: 
    Keep thinking like that, keep telling yourself you're right, meanwhile consumers who do actually act like responsible, thinking adults will continue to complain and ask for returns.  The game doesn't work, it works poorly.  Something which works poorly is defective.  Much like your thought process.  Having a thought process and having an effective thought process aren't the same thing, even though they both require the firing of synapses. "
    Let me restate the obvious. At no point am I saying you shouldn't try to return something you bought and weren't satisfied with, but I don't feel that a retailer is required to let you, as unlike the cups in the example I used earlier, this game is not broken in the traditional meaning of the word. 

I've heard your argument, but your statement "This game doesn't work, it works poorly" contradicts itself. If it works poorly, then it works, and your issue with it is one of quality. We all want things to be good, but that doesn't mean we're entitled to it. As no one is forcing consumers to spend their money one way or the other, the decision is theirs, and consumers exercise complete buying autonomy when purchasing a videogame. A prudent consumer would utilise the resources (i.e. reviews) at their disposal to determine whether or not something is 'a Good Buy,' so it seems to me that the burden of responsibility is split evenly between the manufacturer of the product and the people choosing to buy it.

Furthermore, I'm concerned that your attempts to divide this issue with your straw man tactics are undermining your position. If you're going to reply again, would you mind actually addressing the opinions I've presented rather than dismissing them out of hand because you don't like them? 
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @GravityProof said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said: 
    Keep thinking like that, keep telling yourself you're right, meanwhile consumers who do actually act like responsible, thinking adults will continue to complain and ask for returns.  The game doesn't work, it works poorly.  Something which works poorly is defective.  Much like your thought process.  Having a thought process and having an effective thought process aren't the same thing, even though they both require the firing of synapses. "
    Let me restate the obvious. At no point am I saying you shouldn't try to return something you bought and weren't satisfied with, but I don't feel that a retailer is required to let you, as unlike the cups in the example I used earlier, this game is not broken in the traditional meaning of the word. 

I've heard your argument, but your statement "This game doesn't work, it works poorly" contradicts itself. If it works poorly, then it works, and your issue with it is one of quality. We all want things to be good, but that doesn't mean we're entitled to it. As no one is forcing consumers to spend their money one way or the other, the decision is theirs, and consumers exercise complete buying autonomy when purchasing a videogame. A prudent consumer would utilise the resources (i.e. reviews) at their disposal to determine whether or not something is 'a Good Buy,' so it seems to me that the burden of responsibility is split evenly between the manufacturer of the product and the people choosing to buy it.

Furthermore, I'm concerned that your attempts to divide this issue with your straw man tactics are undermining your position. If you're going to reply again, would you mind actually addressing the opinions I've presented rather than dismissing them out of hand because you don't like them? 
    "
    You buy a set of cups and they leak, you return them.  if 1 in every 6 piece set leaks in the store then the retailer returns them en masse to the manufacturer as long as the retailer has been made aware of the issue. if no customer complains, then nothing happens and the problem continues to remain unresolved.  Product recalls and patches exist for a reason and unless consumers speak out against broken products then retailers and manufacturers will continue to not take any responsibility unless pushed to do so.  You keep talking of reviews and yet I see no evidence in review or preview form of any awareness of the issue.  Reviews can speak to the quality of a product, but more often than not these days they speak to the nature of the product when it comes to entertainment.  I'm not dismissing anything, I'm saying that your argument of semantics is not a valid one because does nothing to address the issue at hand.  This thread is complaining of lag in a driving, lag which makes the game unplayable on many systems, control interfaces and platforms.  This thread isn't a venue for you to take some intellectual stance on the existential nature of CAVEAT EMPTOR.   Please, stop pretending you give a damn and just go on with your delusions of self importance and your belief that you are a prudent consumer.  You're actually just a person who likes to hear the sound of his own voice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeriouslyNow said:

" @GravityProof said: 
    You buy a set of cups and they leak, you return them.  if 1 in every 6 piece set leaks in the store then the retailer returns them en masse to the manufacturer as long as the retailer has been made aware of the issue. if no customer complains, then nothing happens and the problem continues to remain unresolved.  Product recalls and patches exist for a reason and unless consumers speak out against broken products then retailers and manufacturers will continue to not take any responsibility unless pushed to do so.  You keep talking of reviews and yet I see no evidence in review or preview form of any awareness of the issue.  Reviews can speak to the quality of a product, but more often than not these days they speak to the nature of the product when it comes to entertainment.  I'm not dismissing anything, I'm saying that your argument of semantics is not a valid one because does nothing to address the issue at hand.  This thread is complaining of lag in a driving, lag which makes the game unplayable on many systems, control interfaces and platforms.  This thread isn't a venue for you to take some intellectual stance on the existential nature of CAVEAT EMPTOR.   Please, stop pretending you give a damn and just go on with your delusions of self importance and your belief that you are a prudent consumer.  You're actually just a person who likes to hear the sound of his own voice. "

Once again I must restate what I've said before. I'm not saying people shouldn't try and send a message to the manufacturer when they buy something broken, but I think a much stronger message would be not buying at all. 
    If 'the issue at hand' is that the Xbox 360 version is better than the port job on other consoles, allow me to present a supplementary argument;

Imagine you buy an English version of 'Crime and Punishment', but are unhappy with the translation. You could try to return the book, and a generous retailer might even let you, or you could try reading other translations of the book, but if you want to read Dostoevsky the way he wrote it, learn Russian. Similarly, it's an uncomfortable reality that game quality often suffers when translated from one platform to another, but if you know that the game was originally designed for the Xbox, you should it play it on an Xbox or deal with the translation. Since you seem adverse to the argument that consumers need to use better judgement when making their purchasing decisions, I'm going to assume that you're wealthy and that this is a realistic suggestion.

I am being somewhat facetious. I realise the implication is that there will be feature and quality parity across consoles with a simultaneous release, however that seems to me to be an assumption made on the part of consumers, and not a promise made explicit by the developer. Obviously, public outcry from good honest citizens like you will shame those mean corporate baddies into patching it up down the line, but like most rational people who are old enough to have graduated from high school, I've wasted enough money on things that aren't as good as I wanted them to be to realise that advertisements don't always present the quality of a product in a realistic and honest manner. 

Furthermore, having worked in retail, I know that a 1 in 6 defect rate on a product is not nearly a high enough ratio to initiate a costly recall. Like the imaginary glasswares company, most game developers recognise that they need to focus their efforts on the areas of their work with the biggest potential returns. This means focusing 5/6th of their attention on the version of the game that will likely sell the most copies, and addressing the underserved 1/6th later on.

Finally, I must reiterate that your personal attacks are both irrelevant and indicative that you aren't able to come up with strong enough arguments to stand on their own. Please collect your thoughts and try harder.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @GravityProof:  Just more proof that you love to hear the sound of your own voice.  Give up already.  It's really boring hearing you reiterate the same bullshit line of thinking just because you can't back down.  You've worked in retail.  OH YOU'RE SO QUALIFIED.  Please show me how a 1 in 6 defect rate wouldn't ever equate to a product recall OR patch.  It's funny how you ignore the patch comment and take my example to the most extreme position possible.  I've worked as a games journalist and managed 3 retail stores at the same time, I've even sent boxes back on pallets CAUSING product recalls and this was back the mid 90s when manufacturers didn't have to live up to any sorts of standards beyond "does the disk load?".  Retailers and e-tailers who are interested in continued and repeat custom will respond to what their customers say.  In any case, your argument is still is broken as it was when you started this laughable exercise in caveat emptor and I told you so waffle.  Your solution is ridiculous and demands that consumers hang on the whims of the gaming press and offers no recourse or empowerment at all.  I must reiterate that you're a waffling egotistcal pseudo-intellectual who prefers an argument of semantics than a solution grounded in self empowering reality.  Unless you own this game or have any interest in it, please kindly fuck off. 
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Red12b
    @Klei said:

" @Red12b: 

So then because the game sucks, the chart of the consumer's rights should be involved? Okay.

And no need to lower yourself on the insult wagon, I was just pointing out that Shift 2 is meant for entertainment, and people should take it for its many good points instead of concentrating on the bad ones.

Thus, calling this game '' Shit '' would be a bit overkill, since you probably all had fun with it.

Bottom line, people exaggerate when they're mad.
    "
    The bad points are that because it was shipped broken, it's nigh unplayable due to unresponsive controls, so yeah, it's a shit product due to testing, not being stringent enough to let a near second delay in the control of the vehicle, since the game is a Driving game, that's a pretty big problem, 
    "So then because the game sucks, the chart of the consumer's rights should be involved? Okay."
    You called us all out on the complaint of the issue saying that we were "Spoiled brats" that's fucking pathetic, I called you out on it,

@teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @Klei said:

" @Red12b:  Bottom line, people exaggerate when they're mad.
    "

Look for a single other post where I called a game shit and it was undeserved.
    It's also rather alarming that you can't comprehend the following fact: a video game that centers around driving should allow the player to actually 

control the cars.

EDIT: Also, all you've done in this thread is to insult other posters.  Go away.
    "

Kinda a big deal, have you played a racing game before? kinda takes away the fun aspect of it when game doesn't respond to what you are inputting, 
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Oldirtybearon

so is the delay due to the driving animation or does it actually affect the racing?

That's the one thing these vids aren't showing me.
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Julmust

Wow what the fuck is wrong with you people? Are you seriously trying to defend a game that handles like that? 

The developers should  put it as a feature on the box or in the marketing if this is what you're going to expect when you buy a racing game, especially one that is trying to go away from the NFS is an arcade racing game and trying to be one of the now many simulation racing games. "Shift 2 - Including cool drifting guys with goatees and serious input lag!"
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Afroman269

Yo, that is messed up. I would be pissed too if that happened to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeriouslyNow said:
    " @GravityProof:  Just more proof that you love to hear the sound of your own voice.  Give up already.  It's really boring hearing you reiterate the same bullshit line of thinking just because you can't back down.  You've worked in retail.  OH YOU'RE SO QUALIFIED.  Please show me how a 1 in 6 defect rate wouldn't ever equate to a product recall OR patch.  It's funny how you ignore the patch comment and take my example to the most extreme position possible.  I've worked as a games journalist and managed 3 retail stores at the same time, I've even sent boxes back on pallets CAUSING product recalls and this was back the mid 90s when manufacturers didn't have to live up to any sorts of standards beyond "does the disk load?".  Retailers and e-tailers who are interested in continued and repeat custom will respond to what their customers say.  In any case, your argument is still is broken as it was when you started this laughable exercise in caveat emptor and I told you so waffle.  Your solution is ridiculous and demands that consumers hang on the whims of the gaming press and offers no recourse or empowerment at all.  I must reiterate that you're a waffling egotistcal pseudo-intellectual who prefers an argument of semantics than a solution grounded in self empowering reality.  Unless you own this game or have any interest in it, please kindly fuck off.  "
    So you're a games journalist who doesn't trust gamers to be well served by games journalists? At least I know you're taking yourself as seriously as I am. You sound like just the man I'd want as a consumer advocate. 

As an addendum: Many times, a 1 in 6 defect rate wouldn't equate to a recall of goods, as a recall precludes a distributor (or publisher, in my analogy) from making any earnings on that batch of products. In most cases, it would cost significantly less to refund customers (+ a goodwill bonus of say, 20%) who purchased the defective units than it would to recall, test, and repackage, or maybe even destroy the units in question. Even if a company only saw half of their projected returns on a product, it would be more revenue generated than if they pursued a recall. I made this point to illustrate that, since games are made on budgets and deadlines, it makes sense for a developer to focus their limited attentions on where the biggest chunk of the profits lie, to try and get what they can of what they may know will be a flawed product. My argument said nothing pertaining to patching the game after release, and I'm sorry if you didn't comprehend that.

I don't have an interest in this game, but it's not a conversation if everyone is saying the same thing, so I would contend that I've provided a valuable counter-point to the one sided complaining that came before. But we've clearly reached an impasse here, and so I shall proffer no more constructive and critical opinions. The ones that follow are destructive, inflammatory, and though I feel warranted, definitely fall into the 'trolling' category. 

I won't deny that I have enjoyed arguing with you. Really enjoyed it, actually. I enjoy imagining the sweat building up on your keyboard and your eyes bulging out as you have to restrain yourself from screaming at the monitor, I like imagining that you're stewing in your own contemptuous rage behind a desk in your bedroom or cubicle because you don't have more important things in your life to distract you from this insignificant tete-a-tete, and most of all I love knowing that for all your hatred of my pretentious and opulent verbosity you've poured over every word I've written in response. It's the little things. 

So now that we've both devalued this conversation by hurling personal insults at each other, I shall 'kindly fuck off'. I surrender, cowboy, and promise to allow whatever slanderous and stinging barbs you hurl at me go unquestioned forever in the annals of internet history. Happy weekend!
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @GravityProof said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @GravityProof:  Just more proof that you love to hear the sound of your own voice.  Give up already.  It's really boring hearing you reiterate the same bullshit line of thinking just because you can't back down.  You've worked in retail.  OH YOU'RE SO QUALIFIED.  Please show me how a 1 in 6 defect rate wouldn't ever equate to a product recall OR patch.  It's funny how you ignore the patch comment and take my example to the most extreme position possible.  I've worked as a games journalist and managed 3 retail stores at the same time, I've even sent boxes back on pallets CAUSING product recalls and this was back the mid 90s when manufacturers didn't have to live up to any sorts of standards beyond "does the disk load?".  Retailers and e-tailers who are interested in continued and repeat custom will respond to what their customers say.  In any case, your argument is still is broken as it was when you started this laughable exercise in caveat emptor and I told you so waffle.  Your solution is ridiculous and demands that consumers hang on the whims of the gaming press and offers no recourse or empowerment at all.  I must reiterate that you're a waffling egotistcal pseudo-intellectual who prefers an argument of semantics than a solution grounded in self empowering reality.  Unless you own this game or have any interest in it, please kindly fuck off.  "
    So you're a games journalist who doesn't trust gamers to be well served by games journalists? At least I know you're taking yourself as seriously as I am. You sound like just the man I'd want as a consumer advocate. 

As an addendum: Many times, a 1 in 6 defect rate wouldn't equate to a recall of goods, as a recall precludes a distributor (or publisher, in my analogy) from making any earnings on that batch of products. In most cases, it would cost significantly less to refund customers (+ a goodwill bonus of say, 20%) who purchased the defective units than it would to recall, test, and repackage, or maybe even destroy the units in question. Even if a company only saw half of their projected returns on a product, it would be more revenue generated than if they pursued a recall. I made this point to illustrate that, since games are made on budgets and deadlines, it makes sense for a developer to focus their limited attentions on where the biggest chunk of the profits lie, to try and get what they can of what they may know will be a flawed product. My argument said nothing pertaining to patching the game after release, and I'm sorry if you didn't comprehend that.

I don't have an interest in this game, but it's not a conversation if everyone is saying the same thing, so I would contend that I've provided a valuable counter-point to the one sided complaining that came before. But we've clearly reached an impasse here, and so I shall proffer no more constructive and critical opinions. The ones that follow are destructive, inflammatory, and though I feel warranted, definitely fall into the 'trolling' category. 

I won't deny that I have enjoyed arguing with you. Really enjoyed it, actually. I enjoy imagining the sweat building up on your keyboard and your eyes bulging out as you have to restrain yourself from screaming at the monitor, I like imagining that you're stewing in your own contemptuous rage behind a desk in your bedroom or cubicle because you don't have more important things in your life to distract you from this insignificant tete-a-tete, and most of all I love knowing that for all your hatred of my pretentious and opulent verbosity you've poured over every word I've written in response. It's the little things. 

So now that we've both devalued this conversation by hurling personal insults at each other, I shall 'kindly fuck off'. I surrender, cowboy, and promise to allow whatever slanderous and stinging barbs you hurl at me go unquestioned forever in the annals of internet history. Happy weekend!
    "
    It took you two pages of egomanical rambling where you said the same thing over and over in more and more florid language at each turn for you finally walk away.  You're not interested in having a conversation, your only interest in this has been to joust and win with someone who you perceive to be of threat.  You're a fool as well as being an egotist while at the same time you're an admitted troll.  I haven't enjoyed dialoguing with you one bit; I find it particularly difficult to enjoy conversation and/or discussion with people who continually condescend as they speak to me.  This is of special annoyance when that condescension has no basis at all in reality and is merely a device of that person's wounded and fragile ego, as is the case in this contrivance of conversation with you.  At least you finally fucked off.  There's that.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By keyhunter

How many hertz is yo TV? I played Gaylo 3 on a 60 hz TV once and had the same problem.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @keyhunter said:
    " How many hertz is yo TV? I played Gaylo 3 on a 60 hz TV once and had the same problem. "
    Actually, all the videos I've posted here are by random users on youtube playing the game on computer monitors and TVs, on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xyzygy

I don't think the Hz of the TV would make any difference, would it? Games are usually meant to be played in 60 Hz but I thought that Hz meant the smoothness of the screen, not the delivery time of the image

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sjupp
    @SeriouslyNow:  What's up? You seem to be overly agitated as of late. Starting huge fights with people over several threads. You don't need to be the crusader of right and wrong. Just ignore it.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By N7

Well that's some serious shit. Seems like it'd be a fun game too, if it wasn't plagued with issues like this.

Has there been any word from EA?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By sagesebas
    @teh_pwnzorer: I have seen a lot of people playing this
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @sagesebas said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer: I have seen a lot of people playing this "
    Poor souls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.