Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shigeru Miyamoto

Person » credited in 227 games

Shigeru Miyamoto is best known as the creator of many of Nintendo's most beloved characters and franchises including Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero, Wave Race, and Nintendogs. He was also the chief designer of Nintendo's Touch! Generation console series, which includes the Nintendo DS, Wii, and 3DS.

Annoying

Swat20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Swat20

does anyone find it really annoying that this guy keeps talking about how all his Nintendo games should have heaver causal gamer pull.  he talked about dumbing down Zelda so that casuals would buy it. this to me is a sure fire sign that nintendo really just doesnt care about the hardcore anymore and has totally abandoned us. i very very glad i sold this console when i did.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Nintendo is full of morons, get used to hearing them talk bull

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

Annoyed? No, Upset? yes.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Dauragon

Nintendo are not your friends.

Shigeru Miyamoto is not your friend.

Satoru Iwata is not your friend.

At the end of the day, they are all after one thing: Profit.

Why just cater to little timmy with his Link Costume and triforce bed sheets when you can cater to mom, dad, other siblings, and grandma 'n grandpaw?

Shiggy has spent 20+ years catering to the fanboys, and now he has a completely different audience that he has cracked into and is obviously very eager to try new things in that field.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

I find him annoying but not because of the reasons you stated. He just looks too happy and that whole Nintendo conference bugged me. Smile, smile, smile...oh way I got a broken wrist...But I'm still smiling!!! ...

SMILE!!!

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DualReaver

I don't get it.
    Who bought a Wii expecting a real system?

I really hate Nintendos arrogance though.
    They are selling to a different and much broader demographic so the fact that they have better sales means nothing. They are not in a real competition with PS3 or Xbox 360.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Termite

Well, the man has done enough hasn't he? He made Nintendo what it is today, so he's going to go in whatever direction the company is going. I mean at this point Shigeru Miyamoto IS Nintendo, how can the same thing have to apposing goals?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Otacon

Miyamoto is a genious, I still trust him. 

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By epic_pets

He did nothing wrong

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarkLegend

Yeah, I don't see the problem.

Swat20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Swat20

wait until u play a Zelda that has no substance and is mini games and you'll see the problem

Gazmontaguex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gazmontaguex

I dont knowwww, i think im kinda middle of the road on this because frankly i like the wii because of the way it plays. i like the fact its diff to all the other consoles but at the same time, being somthing of a ''hardcore'' gamer i dont like the fact the majority of the games are aimed towads familys and younger children 'cause theres realy not alot that would make me want to buy.
    also i do agree that nintedo have gone for the money and they REALY have made the money too lol, but does anyone not remeber that after the release of the game cube nintendo where rumored to be in a badddd state and that if this console (wii) didnt make a whole ton of money then nintendo would be forced to drop out of making consoles altogether!!! :o

i guess all we hardcore games can hope is that Shiggy hears our crys and caters a little more in future :)

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThePhenomenal1
    Otacon said:
    "Miyamoto is a genious, I still trust him. "
    miyamoto doesn't play video games in his spare time.

i can't trust a designer who doesn't play other games in his spare time. that tell me hes not in it for the love of video games anymore.

people like denis dyack, cliff blezinski, will wright, and ed boon. people like them do it for the love of games. i respect miyamoto for what hes done for the industry, but now i could care less about what he does cuz he really doesn't care about the games anymore.
    Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dauragon
    ThePhenomenal1 said:
    "Otacon said:
    "Miyamoto is a genious, I still trust him. "
    miyamoto doesn't play video games in his spare time.

i can't trust a designer who doesn't play other games in his spare time. that tell me hes not in it for the love of video games anymore.

people like denis dyack, cliff blezinski, will wright, and ed boon. people like them do it for the love of games. i respect miyamoto for what hes done for the industry, but now i could care less about what he does cuz he really doesn't care about the games anymore.
    "
    Thats bullshit. Just because he doesn't spent his spare time surrounded in what he does for a living does not mean that he doesn't love it anymore. Thats like saying a fireman doesn't love his job cause he spends his free time at home playing with his kids instead of putting out fires.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I dont really know what to think anymore. When they start putting out casual Zelda on Wii is when I will start to worry.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Major
    Dauragon said:
    Shiggy has spent 20+ years catering to the fanboys, and now he has a completely different audience that he has cracked into and is obviously very eager to try new things in that field.

Took the words out of my mouth.. I still have faith in Nintendo though
    makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By makari

Really, he's only doing what he's been doing all these years: making games from his own life experiences, ones that he wanted to make. He was never really catering to anyone, simply wanting to make enjoyable experiences, and a 'core' gamer didn't exist before his games attracted such a huge following. Much like an accomplished musician that breaks off onto splinter projects that may alienate some of his fanbase, he was never catering specifically for you in the first place. He was just creating his art, and continues to do so. Miyamoto-san made the core gamer, but just because his games have changed direction doesn't mean he is obligated to placate a group that was formed out of idolization.

CallMeRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CallMeRotten
    VGCats says it best..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.