Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 23, 2008

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon chronicles the return of tube-toting Raidou the 14th as he cracks another demon-infested case in this latest Devil Summoner title.

as much voice acting as persona 4

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

does anyone know if this has voice acting because the last one either had very little or none
    and dude there was about 10 novels worth of story to read in the last one some VO would have been awesome

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

There is in the main storyline, and some Voice Acting is used in the optional quests, albeit it sparingly.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trophyhunter

aww dude I don't want to read reading is for chumps

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho

Reading is for chumps.

The above statement is--in my opinion--the problem with America today.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Stang

You like RPG's yet you dislike reading? What the hell?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
    Stang said:
    "You like RPG's yet you dislike reading? What the hell?"
    well I do love RPGs and I beat the last game and  I'm still going to get this one
    its just I'm dyslexic and reading is a pain in the ass and I'm 22 years old just for everyone's information
    plus the persona's spoiled me with 3 and 4 being almost fully voiced
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang

Oh, you are dyslexic. Sorry about my last comment then :(

I am picking the game up when it launches, I'd be happy to give you an answer later this week.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trophyhunter
    Babble said:
    "If the Endurance Run can be used as an example if that game were to have voice overs I doubt it would ever be released in a timely manner. "
    I'm not sure what your getting at persona 4 is almost fully voiced and it came out in a year and this game comes out in three days I don't know how long it took to make
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter
    Stang said:
    "Oh, you are dyslexic. Sorry about my last comment then :(I am picking the game up when it launches, I'd be happy to give you an answer later this week."
    nothing to be sorry about, your right I don't like reading but love RPGS
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
    trophyhunter said:
    "aww dude I don't want to read reading is for chumps "
    But if people didn't read your post, they'd actually think that SMTDS2RKvKA has as much voice acting as Persona 4. See how important reading is?

Tsk tsk. It's too bad really. You're missing out on a lot of good games if you're too lazy to read. Did you know that Nocturne has no voice acting at all?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang

SMTDS2RKvKA

Holy shit I have never seen acronym so long! Regardless, Devil Summoner 2 is going to be ridiculous. Sad to say, but this looks like the end for the genre on the ps2!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trophyhunter
    LordAndrew said:
    "trophyhunter said:
    "aww dude I don't want to read reading is for chumps "
    But if people didn't read your post, they'd actually think that SMTDS2RKvKA has as much voice acting as Persona 4. See how important reading is?

Tsk tsk. It's too bad really. You're missing out on a lot of good games if you're too lazy to read. Did you know that Nocturne has no voice acting at all?"
    yeah I know I beat nocturne just last year but I'm just saying VO would be nice
    plus the "aww dude I don't want to read reading is for chumps " is actually a jeff quote that I found funny and a good fit for the thread

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordAndrew
    Stang said:
    "SMTDS2RKvKA

Holy shit I have never seen acronym so long! Regardless, Devil Summoner 2 is going to be ridiculous. Sad to say, but this looks like the end for the genre on the ps2!"
    Yeah, I couldn't resist that acronym. :D
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trophyhunter

yeah that's a insane acronym

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Babble
    trophyhunter said:
    "Babble said:
    "If the Endurance Run can be used as an example if that game were to have voice overs I doubt it would ever be released in a timely manner. "
    I'm not sure what your getting at persona 4 is almost fully voiced and it came out in a year and this game comes out in three days I don't know how long it took to make "
    Sorry, this is what I get for knowing almost nothing about Persona 4, I didn't realize which forum this was on either. I was in fact aware Persona 4 was out, I thought it didn't have voice acting so I was making the assumption that adding it in would take a while for a game that length.

So yeah, ignore my previous post.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trophyhunter

well the acronym is better than the full name of the game
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 electric bugolu- Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon this time its personal quest for Logan

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17  Edited By the8bitNacho
    Stang said:
    "SMTDS2RKvKAHoly shit I have never seen acronym so long! Regardless, Devil Summoner 2 is going to be ridiculous. Sad to say, but this looks like the end for the genre on the ps2!"
    Last I checked, Atlus is still considering developing Persona 5 on the PS2.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By trophyhunter
    Kombat said:
    "Stang said:
    "SMTDS2RKvKAHoly shit I have never seen acronym so long! Regardless, Devil Summoner 2 is going to be ridiculous. Sad to say, but this looks like the end for the genre on the ps2!"
    Last I checked, Atlus is still considering developing Persona 5 on the PS2."
    did they announce persona 5? I'd love it on the ps2
    and its very smart it doesn't take millions and millions to make these games and they make shitloads on them
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LordAndrew

They didn't announce it, and I'm hoping they don't. They've already given us a Persona game a year for three years. It's time to move on from the Persona series, at least for now.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stang

That is pure speculation about P5 on ps2. There has been nothing relevant to support this. And you are right trophy that it would be smart, too bad most gamers are obsessed with graphics and demand something with fresh paint on it. If I had to guess a console, I would guess the PS3. I would shit myself if they announced it for the Wii, finally a game to justify my purchase :p

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trophyhunter
    Stang said:
    "That is pure speculation about P5 on ps2. There has been nothing relevant to support this. And you are right trophy that it would be smart, too bad most gamers are obsessed with graphics and demand something with fresh paint on it. If I had to guess a console, I would guess the PS3. I would shit myself if they announced it for the Wii, finally a game to justify my purchase :p"
    I got it PSN or psp if they don't do it on ps2
    Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bear
    Stang said:

TH:TBAPFMISNPSNWPR
    I don't know anything about this game other than the name is just a code-name, but it is, by far, the longest title ever I have ever seen for a game.

As for it being the last RPG for the PS2, I believe there will be more to come, most likely more titles from the MegaTen series. While the Wii is an alternative with development costs that are closest to that of the PS2's, there would be less people interested in an experience that these games provide.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Daroki

It's not going to be the last RPG for the PS2.  Sakura Taisen 5 (Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love) was announced as coming to the PS2 and Wii later this year from Nippon Ichi.  It might be the last SMT, and if they're going to make a Persona announcement, I wouldn't mind it being Persona 2:IS/EP for the PSP with the modifications that they're making for Persona.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stephengotlost
    trophyhunter said:
    well the acronym is better than the full name of the game Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 electric bugolu- ... [more]
    :Origins
    FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FuzzYLemoN
    Stang said:
    SMTDS2RKvKAHoly shit I have never seen acronym so long! Regardless, Devil Summoner 2 is going to be ridiculous. Sad to ... [more]
    NOOOO! Let them keep making SMT games on the PS2 until the end of time! I mean, I have a PS3, but playing JRPGs just doesn't feel right on it for some reason. I suppose part of the issue is that there aren't that many on the system yet; perhaps a SMT would win me back over, but regardless, I'll still play PS2 games as long as they keep making 'em.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.