Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 23, 2008

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon chronicles the return of tube-toting Raidou the 14th as he cracks another demon-infested case in this latest Devil Summoner title.

Devil Summoner 2 > Devil Summoner 1

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By Ouroboros
    This game is so much better than the first game its unbelieveable.  I beat the first game in like, 25 hours total and had no desire to replay it on Hard mode or do all the extra side bosses like Beelz and friends.  I am just done the first chapter and I'm already 4 hours into the game, and already I've had more fun than I did in my whole time in DS1

I found it really diffulcult to finish DS1, the game was a lot of verbal diarreah and the nonsene really took its toll on me about halfway in.  There was a lot of things I enjoyed about it but for a game that came out at the same time as Persona 3 it left a lot to be desired.  How the sequel here handles the plot and the actual gameplay is so much better than the first game it's ridiculous.  Honestly if you played the first game, you'll really appreciate this one.  No more running back to the shrine to get your Summoner upgrades, no more having to get full loyalty to fuse as you can fuse anytime you want pretty much, no more abusing the combat system, no more irrelevant stats.  Now magic is actually important and meaningful.  Expanded inventory - side missions or case files to take, better way to capture demons, through negotiation.

What finally sold it for me was when I bumped into that healing demon whose name alludes me right now and the first thing she said to me was something to the affect of, "Oh dont worry, I dont charge as much as I used to" - that was amazing and she was true to her word, instead of charging thousands of yen she only took 300 yen from me.

I know I might only be one scene in but this game is totally one of the better console RPGs I've played so far.  Killer soundtrack as well, a lot of remixed tracks from the first game.  I whole heartedly reccomend this game to anyone who likes SMT games, the first DS or RPGs in general.
    Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ouroboros
    This game is so much better than the first game its unbelieveable.  I beat the first game in like, 25 hours total and had no desire to replay it on Hard mode or do all the extra side bosses like Beelz and friends.  I am just done the first chapter and I'm already 4 hours into the game, and already I've had more fun than I did in my whole time in DS1

I found it really diffulcult to finish DS1, the game was a lot of verbal diarreah and the nonsene really took its toll on me about halfway in.  There was a lot of things I enjoyed about it but for a game that came out at the same time as Persona 3 it left a lot to be desired.  How the sequel here handles the plot and the actual gameplay is so much better than the first game it's ridiculous.  Honestly if you played the first game, you'll really appreciate this one.  No more running back to the shrine to get your Summoner upgrades, no more having to get full loyalty to fuse as you can fuse anytime you want pretty much, no more abusing the combat system, no more irrelevant stats.  Now magic is actually important and meaningful.  Expanded inventory - side missions or case files to take, better way to capture demons, through negotiation.

What finally sold it for me was when I bumped into that healing demon whose name alludes me right now and the first thing she said to me was something to the affect of, "Oh dont worry, I dont charge as much as I used to" - that was amazing and she was true to her word, instead of charging thousands of yen she only took 300 yen from me.

I know I might only be one scene in but this game is totally one of the better console RPGs I've played so far.  Killer soundtrack as well, a lot of remixed tracks from the first game.  I whole heartedly reccomend this game to anyone who likes SMT games, the first DS or RPGs in general.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By eirikr

Word.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Too bad Devil Survivor rocks both of their socks : ) (i'm just kidding; the game doesnt come out for a few more hours so it's hard to tell how good it will be)

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ouroboros
    @AgentJ said:
    " Too bad Devil Survivor rocks both of their socks : ) (i'm just kidding; the game doesnt come out for a few more hours so it's hard to tell how good it will be) "
    Theres a couple games I'd buy a DS for, one is Final Fantasy 4 and the other is this.  Hopefully it does well and I'll pick up a DS for cheap somewhere and buy it, I love SMT games.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By eirikr
    @AgentJ said:
    " Too bad Devil Survivor rocks both of their socks : ) (i'm just kidding; the game doesnt come out for a few more hours so it's hard to tell how good it will be) "
    Impressions of Devil Survivor have been really positive. The thing that I fear will kill it for me is the characters. I hate their designs, so if they are annoying it will be doubly dreadful. But, who am I kidding, I play SMT games for the demons -- which is why Raidou 2 was such a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.