Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 02, 2006

Having inherited the mantle of Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha, a young man goes to work at a detective agency and becomes involved in an occult conspiracy.

Am I missing how you regain HP/MP in this game?

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I just started this game, and I am stumped. I can't find an answer in the manual, so here goes: How on earth do you "rest" or otherwise regain HP/MP on the cheap? I can pay Dr. Victor, but that is super expensive. MP items are also super expensive. Are there really no other options than those?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It's been a long time since I played this game, but I'm pretty certain Victor is your primary source of recovery. I don't remember the prices being particularly prohibitive though. (Especially compared to that demon/spirit that offers to heal you in dungeons.) If it is an issue it shouldn't be one for long. You might want to try looking for a demon with some dia skills to help.

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dia/HP are fine, but my demons keep running out of MP, and so I have to spring for Chakra chips at 600 yen a pop! :)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Wow, that title.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Zeik

@joques: I might be thinking of King Abaddon, but I recall a weakness exploitation system where you would get free MP for attacking an enemy who is stunned by their elemental weakness. You might also consider focusing on some more physical oriented demons that don't rely on their MP as much.

Edit: I looked up a gameplay video to try and refresh my memory and I'm pretty sure I was wrong about the weakness mechanic, but I did remember that the game has tactics settings. As I recall, if you leave them to their own devices they basically just spam their MP skills until they run out, which is a waste. You're better off setting them to only use skills when you command them to. (Unless the enemy is strong.) MP should last much longer if you're using it more sparingly. Take advantage of physical demons on weaker enemies, as their basic attack should do good enough damage.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I've never played this but if it's anything like most other SMT games, you shouldn't be using Chakra Drops/other SP refilling items that often.

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Thank you for the tips. It was my mistake, Victor isn't as pricey as I thought. It just occurred to me that in SMT Nocturne, you also have to pay quite a bit to heal HP and MP at the Fountain of Life. I don't know why I reacted so much more strongly to it here than in Nocturne. Maybe because as you said, my demons just ran down their MP so fast while in Nocturne I had total control over MP expenditure.

I'll pay more attention to having them conserve MP. I don't suppose you can set "conserve MP" as default, rather than having to select it for every battle?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.