Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2011

The second game in Atlus' strategy RPG series for the Nintendo DS, Devil Survivor 2 takes place across Japan, and tasks the player with fighting off an invasion of demons in an apocalyptic setting.

Devil Survivor 2: Break Code announced.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

At a recent sneak peek screening of the Devil Survivor 2 anime, it was announced that Atlus is working on a 3DS remake of the game called Devil Survivor 2: Break Code. Not much to really say about it at this point, other than I would be surprised if the upgrade isn't much like the 3DS remake of the first Devil Survivor.

(Forgive the typo in the new wiki page title. That was my bad. :P)

Source link.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By evanbower

This is great news. On top of Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey IV, I'm totally satisfied with the 3DS just being my Atlus machine.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I look forward to this never coming to Europe! Hell, regular Devil Survivor 2 is out next month (maybe).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I have the first one and it's pretty cool. Damn is it hard though. Also I hope this is more of a remake then the first game. The first one was pretty much an enhanced port with a few new things.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Excellent timing. Obviously they were waiting for us to forget that they made a Devil Survivor 2. And then when we least expect it, BAM, 3DS version.

Was that seriously only released last year? It feels like it's been longer than that.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel

Excellent timing. Obviously they were waiting for us to forget that they made a Devil Survivor 2. And then when we least expect it, BAM, 3DS version.

Was that seriously only released last year? It feels like it's been longer than that.

It was released in February last year in North America, but it was a July 2011 release in Japan.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By morningstar

It will probably be out in europe in a couple of years too. Still waiting for overclocked. April is last I heard.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By toowalrus

@hailinel: They usually bring this stuff over to the states, eh? I hope so. I got a copy of Overclocked in the mail this morning... I'm thinking about picking up a 3DS XL though before starting it. The flimsy screen on my 3DS is starting to bug me, I messed around with an XL in Best Buy the other day and it feels much more... solid, and the pixel density drop doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would, I just hold the thing slightly farther from my face.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is great. I was planning on playing this anyway, so I guess I'll just wait for the 3ds version now.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel: They usually bring this stuff over to the states, eh? I hope so. I got a copy of Overclocked in the mail this morning... I'm thinking about picking up a 3DS XL though before starting it. The flimsy screen on my 3DS is starting to bug me, I messed around with an XL in Best Buy the other day and it feels much more... solid, and the pixel density drop doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would, I just hold the thing slightly farther from my face.

Yeah. There's generally a period between the Japanese release and Atlus's official announcement of a North American release, but there's ample reason to expect this game will be released in North America either later this year or sometime next year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.