Fate system tips

#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Does anyone have some sort of tips or clues to how it works?

#2 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

not especially, just try to get everyone up to two if you can (two is when you get the joint crack system, which is HELLA USEFUL for the serpentriones, because they usually have 2-3 awesome moves and you can get MC to get them all)

#3 Posted by Nux (2330 posts) -

I know if you can get it to 5 with someone you can trade demons with that person mid mission. But as for tips as to get is to go up....I got nothing, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

@Nux said:

I know if you can get it to 5 with someone you can trade demons with that person mid mission. But as for tips as to get is to go up....I got nothing, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself.

no, that's 4; 5 is another fusable demon

#5 Posted by Nux (2330 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Nux said:

no, that's 4; 5 is another fusable demon

Woops my bad. That seems like a 5 level thing but a fusable demon is a better reward to get at 5th level.

#6 Posted by bbrcher (67 posts) -

It seems like a good tactic to just blast through the story related events, then you could take your time deciding who you wanted to fate up afterwards.

One thing to keep in mind is that it takes a sizable amount of time to level up your first allies (I think it takes a minimum of 2 days of almost constant talking for Io to get to fate 3), where the others level up fast (this may just have been perceived because I was getting into the story). Also, near the end I didn't think I'd get more than 3-4 people to 5, but because allies get fate points during all the story events, most of them leveled up completely with almost no interaction--I never talked to 2 people, so they were the only ones left below 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.