Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2011

The second game in Atlus' strategy RPG series for the Nintendo DS, Devil Survivor 2 takes place across Japan, and tasks the player with fighting off an invasion of demons in an apocalyptic setting.

My Journey into Devil Survivor 2 The Animation: ep 2

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    All we can do is hope
    All we can do is hope

If you had the power to help others, would you actually help? That the question Hibiki is trying to answer as he observe the current condition of Japan as nearly everyone is looking to survive. Despite government organization, JPs, knowledge of impending invaders they do little to help it people. As the episode goes on we see how far the disaster has impacted other people. From Io's reaction to her missing parents to Daichi trying to comprehend the changes in their lives. However, after a battle with a flock of demons, Hibiki wants to help others and gives himself to JP's services along with his friends.

This episode nails in the reality of disasters and what impact it has on people. Throw in some demons and things are looking grim. While Yamato Houtsuin has a way to fight back the upcoming invaders that is causing the disaster, he not one to help what currently going on since it will interfere with what matters most. While it is kinda silly and illogical, it does mean that he has other motives which will show later on. This also help question morals of other characters that are working with him like Makoto Sako. Despite her loyalty with the group, she feels like she's question if she's doing the right thing. Hibiki continues to build himself up in character by understanding his powers and what to do with them along with his friends, Daichi and lo, as they find a way to grip with the current situation.

DS2 continues to hold true with it premise of disaster and demons. There still a lot of question that need to be answer, like who's the one passing around the demon app and what Yamato planning? But DS2 wont fail to give us what we need.

Highlights

Dude, you need better service.
    Dude, you need better service.
    Seriously, they couldn't have windows to outside?
    Seriously, they couldn't have windows to outside?

How many organizations have screens this big?
    How many organizations have screens this big?
    Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Good stuff; definitely makes me excited for this adaptation! Should I beat the game before starting this anime?

I don't think I'd ever have the game beaten until late May when I actually have free time, though!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It takes a journey to watch an anime?

Anyway, I'd love to watch this, but I'm only half way through the first game, and now that a 3DS update for DS2 was announced... I'll just wait.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By metalsnakezero

Good stuff; definitely makes me excited for this adaptation! Should I beat the game before starting this anime?

I don't think I'd ever have the game beaten until late May when I actually have free time, though!

The anime structure will be a bit different from the game so you can kinda do both play the game and watch the series. However, I do recommend finishing the game to get some details that they have to leave out for the anime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.