Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2011

The second game in Atlus' strategy RPG series for the Nintendo DS, Devil Survivor 2 takes place across Japan, and tasks the player with fighting off an invasion of demons in an apocalyptic setting.

My Journey into Devil Survivor 2 The Animation: ep 3

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero

Goodness lady, isn't it a little chilly wearing that?
    Goodness lady, isn't it a little chilly wearing that?

Usually with adaptation, you want to replicate the most important scenes from the source material in to a different form of media. The audience wouldn't like it when their favorite series has some changes done with the adaptation However, a series like Devil Survivor 2 that has scenes where a character could possibly die can make for interesting experiments with the media. Basically, anything can happen with this show and that happened in episode 3. A character died. It was unexpected because in my play through of DS2, I was able to save my crew of summoners to fight another day (Or grind another day :D). The purpose of the death footage is to make you manage your time in order to save your crew from certain death. However, the show is using the system to make for a less predicable scenarios and has the audience on edge as to what will happen later on. This also reinforces the fact that Hibiki isn't all that strong after so far being able to handle most situations up till now. I expect that he'll be rethinking his role in this dangerous world him and his friends are now facing.

On another note, the show introduces the auction system where the gang can get new demons and Daichi has already shown that it important to pick the right demons and not get a lot of them. I'm curious to see if the character will ever use attack abilities of their own instead of having their demons doing all of the fighting. I mean, Io wouldn't have gotten grabbed if she could just throw some lighting on Botis and support Ogre.

Highlights

A face only a mother could love.
    A face only a mother could love.

Not what I think a firewall looks like.
    Not what I think a firewall looks like.
    Interesting that their using the old lilim design and not the new one. I wonder why
    Interesting that their using the old lilim design and not the new one. I wonder why
    No Caption Provided

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Would you say this was a strange journey?

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Would you say this was a strange journey?

There it is.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I guess i know what im watching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.