Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2011

The second game in Atlus' strategy RPG series for the Nintendo DS, Devil Survivor 2 takes place across Japan, and tasks the player with fighting off an invasion of demons in an apocalyptic setting.

My Journey into Devil Survivor 2 The Animation: ep 4

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    I got a better phone than you!
    I got a better phone than you!

It is easy for a show to forget that the characters aren't always invincible. This leads to having a lack of danger as the show goes on and have the audience not care about the character safety. However, Devil Survivor 2 reminds us that these characters are indeed indanger after what has happened in the last episode and their fight with the 2nd Septentriones, Merak. This helps cement the sacrifices they are willing to take inorder to protect those around them. In this episode, we get to see how out power modern weapons are to the Septentriones as we see rows of tanks and hordes of demons can be wiped in seconds. You have to wonder how anyone can defeat something so huge and powerful. Of course, this comes from a game where the only thing that can take on these monsters is you're character and party members that can command demons of lore. While Hibiki, at first, was trying to do things on his own, he learns that he isn't alone in this fight as it show with Hinako Kujou taking a bullet for him and lo summoning Kikuri-Hime and helping to weaken down Merak so that Hibiki can land the final blow. As for the other characters, Daichi has been sent to do medical work, Fumi just waking up, and Makoto and Yamato were left sitting around looking at monitor makes them less important since their not doing much in this fight. However, this wont last long since they will be thrown in to many conflicts

Now that we're done with one conflict, for now, we got ourselves another threat. Ronaldo Kuriki comes in to have a talk with our main man Hibiki.

Highlights

You know you're F ***ed when sticky creatures land on you're tank.
    You know you're F ***ed when sticky creatures land on you're tank.
    Time for a lesson on men.
    Time for a lesson on men.
    We were bound to meet a samurai like demon.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Would you say that it was a str...

Hey wait, this sounds familiar...

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@eirikr said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Highlights

Cool, it's Hagen!

I never used Hagen... was he in DS2?

I don't even remember my final team, but I swear I've never seen that demon before.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By eirikr

@selfconfessedcynic: Yeah, he's in there. He is part of the rarer Hero race (and only level 39 so he wouldn't have shown up in a final party), so that may have been part of why you missed him.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eirikr said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Yeah, he's in there. He is part of the rarer Hero race (and only level 39 so he wouldn't have shown up in a final party), so that may have been part of why you missed him.

RIght, yeah, I just popped the game back in - my final team was Loki and Norn with the others having random hand-me-downs ranging from lvl58-lvl65.

I tend to vastly favor Megami and Tyrant for their awesome abilities (massive heal out of battle and regen after each battle respectively). I never ended up fusing Hagen apparently - he's a Unique, and I tend to only have a few of those in rotation.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is there an animation for the first DS?

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

Is there an animation for the first DS?

There should be a Manga but no Anime to my knowledge.

The plots are unrelated however, so you could theoretically enjoy the DS2 anime without any prior knowledge - I personally liked the plot of the original far more, so I'm not bothering.

Fun to see these updates though.

UltimateFiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.