Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 28, 2011

The second game in Atlus' strategy RPG series for the Nintendo DS, Devil Survivor 2 takes place across Japan, and tasks the player with fighting off an invasion of demons in an apocalyptic setting.

PAL Devil Survivor 2 Pre-orders now available!

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A measly 1 and a half year wait after the NA release. It's now possible to pre-order the game from the Ghostlight Store!

Ghostlight requires 1800 orders this month in order to begin production of the game, if they are to break even on costs. Otherwise a PAL version of Devil Survivor 2 will never see the light of day. So get ordering!

Now I know there are a huge number of reasons not to order this; DS games are already region free, you've already played it, it's probably cheaper to get the US version, there's a remake for the 3DS that may or may not get a localization... etc...

However, Ghostlight are a small, but important (maybe less so since NIS took over publishing Atlus games...) European publisher who really deserve all the support they can get. And while this gesture would be largely symbolic, it may lead to support for other games down the road, that would have otherwise been totally disregarded for the European market.

And since the 3DS is region locked, we probably need all the help we can get on that front...

Also, you could probably ebay it in a year or so for double what you paid for it!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

A year and a half? Gee, I knew the wait for Atlus games was bad over there but I didn't know it was THAT bad. Man, I'd almost rather just import an American 3DS and all of my games if I lived there. What takes so long? You've just gotta add the u's and remove the fanny's.

Also, I just looked up the wiki page for SMT IV and it seems like you guys are getting it in September. That doesn't seem so bad.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mwng

I believe it's mainly legal stuff that delays games in Europe, lot of small countries, lot of very different media/distribution laws. The vast majority of games aren't translated into languages other than the infidel U-less US English.

As well as the lack of a dedicated publisher when it comes to Atlus games. They have a US/JP headquarters but nothing in the EU. So if they can't farm out their game to a small EU publisher (like Ghostlight/Rising Star/Zen United) for a reasonable deal, they just don't bother.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this happened somehow!

Congratulations Europe on making the PAL version of Devil Survivor 2 a reality! Now fingers crossed there's no bugs...

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Levius

Hey, I can see my name in a special thanks in a game for the first time. Anyway I'm glad the guys at Ghostlight made it, it all helps to slowly improve the ridiculous release situation for these sorts of games in Europe. Also £25 each for both games was a pretty good deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.