Coming to the 3DS.........IN THE USA

• 80 results
#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

I wasn't expecting it to come out so soon. Now I feel like getting the launch 3DS instead of waiting for a new version. Time to save up some cash ;_;  Releasing Summer 2011

I want to thank Atlus Faithful for keeping me up with Atlus news.
So what you want with this releases? 
I wonder who will be doing the voice and is there enough space for the Japanese recording because I want to hear Asumi Kana voicing Midori Komaki :D
#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

The fact that there are 3 SMT games coming out for the 3DS makes me want one, too bad I probably won't be buying one this year D:

#3 Posted by Mcfart (1550 posts) -

Whohh, DS was awesome, full voice?? Wow. Dunno about the 8th day, since the story was all about 7 days and stuff, but whatevs

Finantial constraints will prevent me from getting a first-gen 3ds :(

#4 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11478 posts) -

Don't tell Video Game King. We'll have a riot on our hands.

#5 Posted by DeF (4805 posts) -

so, since this is now a thing ..who's gonna publish this in europe? (thanks for forcing me to ask that question, region lock)

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Heck yes. My decision to pre-order a 3DS is making me more happy everyday. 

#7 Posted by Jeust (10480 posts) -

Never liked the game anyway. They should bring the Persona franchise. 

#8 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@DeF said:
" so, since this is now a thing ..who's gonna publish this in europe? (thanks for forcing me to ask that question, region lock) "
at this point, if I was atlus, I would just get Square to do it (they did publish Persona 4 after all)
#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Sweet. I never finished that game on DS though. It got pretty hard.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" Don't tell Video Game King. We'll have a riot on our hands. "
If he tries to start one, just tell him that this new rendition has multiple difficulty levels.  If that doesn't pacify him, nothing will. :P
#11 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Loved it on DS, will definitely be picking it up for the 3DS. The games coming out close to launch are looking pretty damn good.

#12 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

Man, the art in Devil Survivor is atrocious. 

Soejima or Kaneko need to get in there and fix it up. If they were going to have "redone visuals" I'd much rather have that as opposed to 3d menus. 

Won't be buying this. Unless the "8th day" turns out to be some extra campaign, fes style.

@Hailinel said:

" @ArbitraryWater said:
" Don't tell Video Game King. We'll have a riot on our hands. "
If he tries to start one, just tell him that this new rendition has multiple difficulty levels.  If that doesn't pacify him, nothing will. :P "

pffffffffttt maybe if they add a chicken wuss mode he'll be able to actually play it

YOU HEAR ME VIDEOGAMEKING IM CALLING YOU OUT!!!YEAAAAHHH!
#13 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@mutha3:  Chicken wuss mode?

#14 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I came into this topic to make fun of Video_Game_King, but it looks like I'm late to the party.

What are "remastered visuals"? Does this mean we get to enjoy the game's 2D graphics in glorious 3D?

#15 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I guess this kind of milking funds their original products. Whatever. Let rubes by the same game 3 times over, that's fine. As long as it leads to something fun and new later on. Considering the "graphics" in the last game were mostly the concept art shunken down into sprites, I imagine the "new" visuals are those same sprites with good Strange Journey style animation on them. Atlus, masters of recycling.

#16 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" I came into this topic to make fun of Video_Game_King, but it looks like I'm late to the party.  What are "remastered visuals"? Does this mean we get to enjoy the game's 2D graphics in glorious 3D? "
Nope. It means you get to see the games interface in exciting 3D!!!!!!

Atlus.
#17 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" I guess this kind of milking funds their original products. Whatever. Let rubes by the same game 3 times over, that's fine. As long as it leads to something fun and new later on. Considering the "graphics" in the last game were mostly the concept art shunken down into sprites, I imagine the "new" visuals are those same sprites with good Strange Journey style animation on them. Atlus, masters of recycling. "
I agree, but there have been worse ports out there. At least they're adding story stuff to it
#18 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

I already bought Devil Survivor so I will most likely not be buying this! It's too soon anyway and it lacks any significant new content that makes it worth buying again.

...So, this totally comes with a bunch of new demons, right?

#19 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@Beforet said:
" I already bought Devil Survivor so I will most likely not be buying this! It's too soon anyway and it lacks any significant new content that makes it worth buying again.     ...So, this totally comes with a bunch of new demons, right? "
There's 150, as opposed to the original game's 130.
#20 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

I'm make my decision when I hear a price.

#21 Posted by Soren (291 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" Man, the art in Devil Survivor is atrocious. 

Soejima or Kaneko need to get in there and fix it up. If they were going to have "redone visuals" I'd much rather have that as opposed to 3d menus. 
                                    "
This. 1000x this.
#22 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

#23 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Devil Survivor Overclocked is a great subtitle for a game.

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -

#25 Edited by X19 (2304 posts) -

I'm amazed that when Nintendo brings out a new system and re-release old games ppl flock to buy them and for full price too.

#26 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

Oh it's just a remake? Pass.

#27 Posted by JackSukeru (5904 posts) -

Never played the last one so this seems like a good opportunity to do so. 

Still won't though, probably.

#28 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@X19 said:
" I'm amazed that when Nintendo brings out a new system and re-release old games ppl flock to buy them and for full price too. "
This isn't a Nintendo game.
#29 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Also Nintendo is remaking games like over a decade old. Atlus likes making a game then immediately beginning work on a remake.

#30 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
"
"
You know you'll play Overclocked.

Search your feelings!  You know them to be true!
#31 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@X19 said:
" I'm amazed that when Nintendo brings out a new system and re-release old games ppl flock to buy them and for full price too. "
Like when Nintendo released three different versions of Persona 3?
#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -
@Hailinel: 

I probably won't, though. I'm still pissed at GameSpot, IGN, and WorthPlaying (have they ever played Fire Emblem? Langrisser? Bahamut Lagoon? ANYTHING!?).
#33 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -
#34 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Hailinel:   I probably won't, though. I'm still pissed at GameSpot, IGN, and WorthPlaying (have they ever played Fire Emblem? Langrisser? Bahamut Lagoon? ANYTHING!?). "
I haven't taken Gamespot's reviews seriously since Lark Anderson reamed Radiant Dawn in his review that read as though he never even finished the game.

Seriously, I'll never understand your insane hatred of Devil Survivor.  I never experienced the issues you had with it.

@X19 said:
" @Hailinel: I was thinking more about Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I wrote that.  "

It's a single remake of a game that's over ten years old.
#35 Edited by X19 (2304 posts) -
@Hailinel:
Why are they not working on something new for the system that will make it stand out? There's so many talented people working on these projects it seems weird that they're trapped rebooting old games for new systems instead of experimenting with new worlds, stories and characters. 
#36 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@X19 said:
" @Hailinel: Why are they not working on something new for the system that will make it stand out? There's so many talented people working on these projects it seems weird that they're trapped rebooting old games for new systems instead of experimenting with new worlds, stories and characters.  "
You mean aside from a completely new Kid Icarus game and Steel Diver, which will both be available within months of the launch?
#37 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@X19 said:
" @Hailinel: Why are they not working on something new for the system that will make it stand out? There's so many talented people working on these projects it seems weird that they're trapped rebooting old games for new systems instead of experimenting with new worlds, stories and characters.  "
it also takes significantly less time, money and people to reboot ocarina of time (or devil survivor) than to make an entirely new zelda game
#38 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Hailinel:   I probably won't, though. I'm still pissed at GameSpot, IGN, and WorthPlaying (have they ever played Fire Emblem? Langrisser? Bahamut Lagoon? ANYTHING!?). "
Devil Survivor is better then every game in those series(lol "series" when we're talking about Bahamut Lagoon). 

Especially Bahamut Lagoon. you are INSANE, good sir.

Now Fire Emblem? I might back you up there, with exception of 1,2,6 and 8 , I think you could make a serious case for every one of them being better then DS.
@Hailinel said:
" @X19 said:
You mean aside from a completely new Kid Icarus game and Steel Diver, which will both be available within months of the launch? "
That's a pretty weak line-up to be honest.

On the other hand, there isn't a single console or handheld that had a good first quarter.  Even the PS2(the greatest console ever made) had a terrible first year.
#39 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@mutha3:  Weak though it may be, it's more original than a remake of a game from the mid-1990s.
#40 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -
@Hailinel: Kid Icarus isn't new and I don't want to play a submarine game XD. There's no day one game which makes me think oh hell I need one of those. There are just ports and nostalgia boosters coming to it. I'm not complaining because all the fans will lap them up and make Nintendo a lot of money but I just think that innovation should be oozing from the whole game instead of just the game mechanics.
#41 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@X19:  What do you mean Kid Icarus isn't new?  Uprising plays absolutely nothing like the old games, and the last time that there was a Kid Icarus game was on the Game Boy in 1990.  There are people that were born, grew up, and graduated high school since the last time a Kid Icarus game was released.
#42 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -
@mutha3: I understand it makes perfect business sense but I just wish Nintendo would take some risks in the software department.
#43 Posted by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -
@Hailinel: 

Also gotta love how he called the game out for not having multiplayer, even though Fire Emblem has proven that it's not really big on multiplayer. (I never touched Shadow Dragon's multiplayer. Sad, I know.) As for Devil Survivor. keep in mind that it was the first terrible strategy RPG I've ever played. Before that, I only knew Fire Emblem and Ogre Battle and Shining Force and Warsong and other such games; Devil Survivor showed me that yes, there are very bad strategy RPGs out there.
#44 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@Video_Game_King:  If you consider Devil Survivor the worst in the genre, you haven't played that many games in the genre.
#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -
@mutha3: 

Bahamut Lagoon rocks. What the hell are you talking about? When I first heard of Devil Survivor, I thought it was essentially going to be a DS version of Bahamut Lagoon. Unfortunately, it was nowhere near as awesome. And isn't Warsong basically Fire Emblem on a massive scale? The first game even steals the plot of the first Fire emblem, so it's kinda confusing that you hate it while liking Shadow Dragon and Monshou no Nazo.
#46 Posted by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -
@Hailinel: 

I've played a lot, and I haven't seen anything worse. Point me to something worse than Devil Survivor.
#47 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Hailinel:   I've played a lot, and I haven't seen anything worse. Point me to something worse than Devil Survivor. "
Off the top of my head?  Onimusha Tactics.
#48 Posted by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -
@Hailinel: 

I'd say that it looks like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but so did Devil Survivor. I'll just pass, for now, since I still have to finish a bunch of Humble Indie Bundle games, some Christmas games, Lufia, and The Granstream Saga. Also, Dragon Quest VI's coming up, and I plan on getting Kingdom Hearts re:coded with it.
#49 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

" @mutha3:   Bahamut Lagoon rocks. What the hell are you talking about? When I first heard of Devil Survivor, I thought it was essentially going to be a DS version of Bahamut Lagoon. Unfortunately, it was nowhere near as awesome.

Dude, its terrible. Unless the game significantly opens up after the 5 or so hours I played it, I can't imagine the combat system being anything but fairly unremarkable, slow as hell schlock.

And isn't Warsong basically Fire Emblem on a massive scale?

Sounds good on paper. 

Too bad any form of actually making strategies and map design, the things that make FE games stand out, also get lost in that increased scope. What you're left with is a game that does neither number-crunching like most SRPG or brainteasing like Fire Emblem.

The first game even steals the plot of the first Fire emblem, so it's kinda confusing that you hate it while liking Shadow Dragon and Monshou no Nazo. 

I said FE1, didn't I? You're probably  right about 3, though. I never bothered playing it.

EDIT:
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Hailinel:   I've played a lot, and I haven't seen anything worse. Point me to something worse than Devil Survivor. "

-Bahamut Lagoon
-Final Fantasy Tactics
- Phantom Brave
-Fire Emblem 1-3, 6 and 8

ETC. ETC.
#50 Edited by Video_Game_King (36033 posts) -
@mutha3 said:

"Dude, its terrible. Unless the game significantly opens up after the 5 or so hours I played it... "

..........*sigh*

"This game sucks. I only played the first five hours, but that's because it sucks so hard. I'm sure the rest of this massive game sucks, too; that's how much it sucks."
@mutha3 said:

"@Video_Game_King said:

-Bahamut Lagoon -Final Fantasy Tactics - Phantom Brave -Fire Emblem 1-3, 6 and 8  ETC. ETC. "

The shit has hit the fan. * transforms into Raphael, starts glowing with energy* Any last words before I say my stupid animé catchphrase?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.