Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

A remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Overclocked adds an eighth day to the storyline, more demons, voice acting, and other new features.

Finally Announced for Europe! (along with Devil Survivor II)

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DeF

From the press release:

Ghostlight have today announced that they will be releasing their first Nintendo 3DS™ JRPG. As anticipated by many fans, Ghostlight’s first title on the platform is the eagerly awaited Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, the Nintendo 3DS™ remake of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. They will also be releasing the amazing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor II on Nintendo DS™ throughout the PAL region.

About SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked

Considered one of the best RPGs of 2009*, the original Devil Survivor presented gamers with a novel premise: Tokyo is in full lockdown, the government's swift, coldblooded response to a surprise demon invasion. While you and your friends must solve the nature of the inter-dimensional rift through which the horrific creatures are entering your world, saving the world is not your highest priority; staying alive, on the other hand, is.

Expanded and enhanced, Devil Survivor Overclocked for Nintendo 3DS builds upon the game's original release with the addition of voice acting for the entirety of the game's lengthy, unconventional narrative. Moreover, that very story, already boasting multiple endings based on critical decisions by the player, now concludes with a special eighth chapter, a rousing epilogue for Shin Megami Tensei fans. The game's beautifully remastered hand drawn artwork and character portraits benefit from the new system's higher resolution screens, offering players a crisper, higher fidelity experience.

*Nominee - Best RPG (2009), GameSpot.com

-----

I was worried that Europe had to miss out on this (fuck that stupid region locking on the 3DS) but thanks to Ghostlight we're finally getting SMT:DS Overclocked (and Devil Survivor II)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Does Ghostlight do anything other than publish Atlus games?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just a quick note in case anyone missed it, game release has been brought forward a week, now out at the end of this month (29th).

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mwng

Another quick note: Game is out, game is broken. It's only taken like 2 years to break though, so there's that.

Edit: might actually make a new thread about it for people who just glance the forum when deciding weather or not they should buy it...

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By neurotic

While it does totally suck that it's broken after such a long wait, I'd played 12 hours without running into either bug. I rarely have enough demons to call for reinforcements and if I do, it's not worth it. And the Auction thing strikes me as similar to the Fusion Mistakes in Persona games (neither mechanic should exist, they're dumb) and it hasn't happened to me and seems to be rare.

A more minor bug I've noticed is that the name input for the protagonist is broken. So when people refer to you by your first name, they actually say your second name and you'll notice on the profile screen that Naoya is called 'Naoya <Protag first name>. This is not me misreading which name input was which at the beginning, by the way.

So the bugs are avoidable and shouldn't mean you can't finish the game as some have suggested (the GL blog even said that too). Again, no excuse for it being broken after such a long wait but I'm not flipping out too hard.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Petiew

The guys working at Atlus probably made a drunken bet at their Christmas party on who could annoy Europe the most.

"I'm going to delay ALL of the releases!" "Oh yeah? Then I'll just break all of them. Coding bugs for everyone."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.