Should i start on easy?

#1 Posted by punisherkaos (272 posts) -

Hey duders just wondering if i should go in on normal like i do most games or switch to easy.  I have played alot of jrpg's but never really played a strategy jrpg (i think thats what it's called) like fire emblem or final fantasy tactics before so was just kinda wondering if i should start with easy since im new to this kinda game.

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

If you're already having doubts about the difficulty then I think you should play easy. I've played the original version on Normal and I thought that was a good challenge level bar the occasional spike in one or two areas. It's not a complex game as it looks really. But yeah, might as well play easy.

#3 Posted by ITSSEXYTIME (220 posts) -

Normal isn't too bad, and there's ample opportunity to grind via Free Battles if you need to.

#4 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

When I played it on the DS I couldn't even finish the game. So I would go with easy.

#5 Posted by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

I went with easy and did a decent job throughout most of the game with a fe3w rough patches. However, the final battle was ridiculous. Normal would be fine until the end so I'd just stick with easy mode.

#6 Posted by thisguyrich (88 posts) -

i played the original a few months ago and had no problems until the final boss, which i still have not beat,

#7 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

If you've ever played tactics advanced Its similar to that.

#8 Posted by golguin (3849 posts) -

Normal is fine. There will be a few battles that will require more thinking to win, but that can always be offset by grinding a few levels and fusing new demons.

#9 Posted by SpaceRunaway (845 posts) -

If you have no experience with this genre, do not play on normal.  There are challenging bits even if you're not a stranger to these sorts of games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.