How many people beat this?

#1 Posted by Brians (1455 posts) -

I've tried to play through this game twice but found it to be one of those DS games I don't have the ability to beat just wondering if a lot of the other people who played this have beat it.

#2 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

I haven't tried it yet

#3 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@Briguile:  Did you try gamefaqs? Also, I hear that Yuzu's storyline is the easiest to complete; if you choose to hang out with her all the time her thread is more story than combat during the endgame apparently. Unfortunately I chose a route which means I have to fight all the way through the endboss; I've put the game down a few battles from the end and not sure when I'm going to return to it. It's good but takes too much effort.
#4 Posted by Brians (1455 posts) -

yeah I found it to be not the right kind of grind for me

#5 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

I beat it on the first attempt. 
Thought it was difficult.  
I had to fight the bosses and then right before the last boss you have to do a mini boss rush of every major boss in the game at the same time, no breaks, no recovery, followed by the last boss that spams all-hit unblockable spells.
Afterward I learned that what I did was the hardest end route in the game. 
 I guess I'm just used to "SMT-hard" RPGs in general. 

After that I quickly ran through all other endings to collect better demons and then grinded up to 99 so I could fight Lucifer and his Megidoladyne.

#6 Posted by Brians (1455 posts) -
@TheChaos: I like the game it's just I always felt  underleveled the two times I got to the last day before restarts.
#7 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -
@Briguile: It helps if your Main Character is magic based. With the proper stats you can use Holy Dance on the final boss for about 400-1500 damage. As well as Drain to heal your HP and MP, usually for 200+.
#8 Posted by Brians (1455 posts) -
@TheChaos: Hmm thanks I'm probably going to restart after finals are over. Appreciate the tips as I like the story and would love to see an ending.
#9 Posted by Thunderstarter (82 posts) -

I played it up to Amane's ending, and got my ass handed to me by Jezebel multiple times before giving up. I LOVE the game, but holy hell, they should warn you before you pick her end on the first run.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -

This thread only proves a lot of what I said about the game. Sad, really.

#11 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

Yeah, I beat it, maybe 3 times I think. I took the hardest ending the first time too, I had to quit for a while but then one night I popped in and BOOM! I raped the last boss.

#12 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: What did you say about it? I'm curious.
#13 Posted by Rapid (1339 posts) -

I beat it once, but once you beat it once you can summon your overpowered demons to finish the game a second time to unlock the another ending.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -
@SpiralStairs: 

That it's a broken, overly cruel piece of crap. I'd show you the actual blog, but I didn't think that so many people would play Devil Survivor.
#15 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@Video_Game_King:  Wow guy, that's pretty harsh. I wouldn't go so far as to call it broken, though I agree about it being cruel. The levels where you have to keep other people alive are a pain in the butt.
#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -
@SpiralStairs: 

I would, since Atlus just said "fuck it" with the translation and the scenarios are so one-sided that I suspect the game freezes just to tell you that you're not going to win.
#17 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @SpiralStairs:   I would, since Atlus just said "fuck it" with the translation and the scenarios are so one-sided that I suspect the game freezes just to tell you that you're not going to win. "
I just started the game myself and I knew this was going to be a grind right away but I don't feel it's broken, it's rather ruthless with you though.
#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -
@Catolf: 

Ruthless to the point of being broken. What's the point of exploiting an enemy's weakness if they can deflect it onto one of their drones with no consequence, only to revive them as soon as they can?
#19 Posted by Nexas (625 posts) -

I did. Got Gin's and Atsuro's endings. It's not that hard of a game.

#20 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Catolf:   Ruthless to the point of being broken. What's the point of exploiting an enemy's weakness if they can deflect it onto one of their drones with no consequence, only to revive them as soon as they can? "
It's not an easy game, i give you that but in no way is it broken. It's a good time and the battles are addicting to a tad of frustrating, but as long as you free battle enough and lvl you should be alright.
#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -
@Catolf: 

But what if you get to the point where you can't even grind? This isn't exactly a stretch. Very few games do that, and this is one of them. Besides, it's not like you want to brag about grinding in a game, especially in a strategy RPG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.