Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 15, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is a hybrid Strategy/turn-based RPG with three-on-three command-based battles in which you summon monsters in modern day Tokyo. The plot revolves around preventing the world's end that is predicted to come in only seven days.

Logging on Devil Survivor playthrough again \\spoilers

gonzab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By gonzab

I knew this game was hard. But dude, I just hit a wall here.

What's going on?

you ask?

Beldr is going on. AGAIN. I went against him in this battle for a first time without really great expectations. It was hard and I had weak demons, so they all kicked my ass. It was ok, I wasn't angry.
     Beldr I'm gonna kick your ass  with this Devil's Fu-HEY MAN WHAT THE FUCK
     Beldr I'm gonna kick your ass with this Devil's Fu-HEY MAN WHAT THE FUCK

Then I fused some demons, upgraded my arsenal, even went up a couple of levels and I went against him one more time. I was able to go a little further, even not far from winning the battle but then shitstorm ensued.

Well half a dozen demons just keep respawning. And they aren't exactly weak. Then Beldr can only be damaged with one character's attack.

Nothing out of this world, hard, but not EXTREME.

Ok, he spans a draining attack all over the map, hitting all my party. So when I thought just one attacker to damage him was bad, this is when I started getting desperate. Then I didn't even know what else I should do because demons respawned and I was using MP to kill them instead of healing my only hope of defeating this animal.

GRR
    gonzab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gonzab

I knew this game was hard. But dude, I just hit a wall here.

What's going on?

you ask?

Beldr is going on. AGAIN. I went against him in this battle for a first time without really great expectations. It was hard and I had weak demons, so they all kicked my ass. It was ok, I wasn't angry.
     Beldr I'm gonna kick your ass  with this Devil's Fu-HEY MAN WHAT THE FUCK
     Beldr I'm gonna kick your ass with this Devil's Fu-HEY MAN WHAT THE FUCK

Then I fused some demons, upgraded my arsenal, even went up a couple of levels and I went against him one more time. I was able to go a little further, even not far from winning the battle but then shitstorm ensued.

Well half a dozen demons just keep respawning. And they aren't exactly weak. Then Beldr can only be damaged with one character's attack.

Nothing out of this world, hard, but not EXTREME.

Ok, he spans a draining attack all over the map, hitting all my party. So when I thought just one attacker to damage him was bad, this is when I started getting desperate. Then I didn't even know what else I should do because demons respawned and I was using MP to kill them instead of healing my only hope of defeating this animal.

GRR
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Pepsiman

Beldr's battle is most tolerable when you've got a demon equipped Double Up as its innate species ability. What it basically does it let you initiate two battles in one turn, essentially letting you smack Beldr up to four times. (You have to initiate the second battle yourself each turn when you return to the map, though.) I can't quite remember the name of the demon specifically, but I know there's an elephant one you can make that's around your current level and has that skill. I had him on my team to take down Beldr and then kept him on for quite some time after that point because Double Up is a damn handy ability to have in general and is surprisingly not game-breaking.

gonzab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gonzab
    @Pepsiman:  Yes I got that one, can't remember the name, but I know what you're talking about. It's a good idea to have him on the MC's team, yes, didn't thought about that before the battle, but then I realised it. I'm going to switch it, maybe level up a bit and then going against him again.

Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.