new to the game, need a little insight.

#1 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

I'm on Day 2 now, I have recently saved Midori and kid with glasses who's name escapes me (atsuro's friend) And did a fight with Gang leader and the guy who's trying to reach his kid in the hospital. Also saved some people from demons inside and outside of the mail. I'm currently level 21, as is Atsuro, Yuzu is level 20. It's 18:30, I have time for two more things to do before 'bed time' and moving on to day three.

(I didn't know that until i bounced through it quickly then turned it off once i found out I only have two more actions left.)

I usually do hard battle instead of the normal free battle, but now Hard battle is no longer available, just the free one with Demons levels 14-17 (not bad for a good grind) but I've faced an issue. 

There was another battle flashing with the little clock, I figured I could jump in and save people and then save, turn stuff off for the night, turns out it was this special battle with this clown like top hat wearing demon whom said I had to look for the treasure... he was level 27, safe to say I got my ass whopped.

So, what do I do here, I kinda don't want to ignore something awesome for my comp, but does this mean I have to grind to beat this guy, or is the treasure not worth it and move on?

#2 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

WTF? How the hell are you getting that far? I'm in the game maybe 2 hours and I'm stuck. I'm in some fight that I can't even beat. Am I missing something here?

#3 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

This game will fuck your shit up: there is no better way of saying it. It can go to hell for being more difficult than the console entries.

My only advice is when in doubt griiiiiiind or consult a FAQ.

#4 Posted by captain_awesome (41 posts) -
@Catolf:
.  Don't grind just find their weakness and exploit it to death.  is Don't use the free battle to grind but to skill crack. And always check out which demons you can get by fusing to get the perfect party to exploit the fights that are too hard. I am currently at the last boss(I think) And I have never grinded
#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

Try to make one character as powerful as possible, preferably the main character. The rest of the party should be support. Makes later battles much easier.

#6 Edited by captain_awesome (41 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:

" Try to make one character as powerful as possible, preferably the main character. The rest of the party should be support. Makes later battles much easier. "

I think you should get at least 2 of real powerful persons cause later battles the bosses heal A lot after a turn so If you have 2 guys who damage him it kinda compensates.
#7 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

@ch13696 said:

" WTF? How the hell are you getting that far? I'm in the game maybe 2 hours and I'm stuck. I'm in some fight that I can't even beat. Am I missing something here? "

XD? Really, I didn't have too much issue at first, I used free battle and fused some good demons and skill crack every moment I get the chance. What fight are you at? The Demon that was scared off by that girl that comes back when you have 0 days to fight you?

@captain_awesome said:
" @Catolf: .  Don't grind just find their weakness and exploit it to death.  is Don't use the free battle to grind but to skill crack. And always check out which demons you can get by fusing to get the perfect party to exploit the fights that are too hard. I am currently at the last boss(I think) And I have never grinded "

See I tried that I got my butt kicked, so it's easier for me to grind and get the skills (then get some better demons for a higher level) to add said skills too then fight it out.

@captain_awesome said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:

" Try to make one character as powerful as possible, preferably the main character. The rest of the party should be support. Makes later battles much easier. "

I think you should get at least 2 of real powerful persons cause later battles the bosses heal A lot after a turn so If you have 2 guys who damage him it kinda compensates. "

Right now my healer (yuzu) and my main are pretty much kicking royal ass. I'm trying to make it so everyone has Dia as well just in case.
#8 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Catolf said:
"  
 @ch13696 said:

" WTF? How the hell are you getting that far? I'm in the game maybe 2 hours and I'm stuck. I'm in some fight that I can't even beat. Am I missing something here? "

XD? Really, I didn't have too much issue at first, I used free battle and fused some good demons and skill crack every moment I get the chance. What fight are you at? The Demon that was scared off by that girl that comes back when you have 0 days to fight you?

I don't know what part it is. I haven't played it since maybe a couple of weeks after it's release. I gotta check it out.
#9 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@ch13696:  check it out and let me know, that's the only hard fight on day 1, I was like level 12 and the thing was like 17, so I had to team spam it to death..
#10 Posted by captain_awesome (41 posts) -

But with their weakness I don't always mean their elemental weakness. When I had to fought a real hard boss and got my ass kicked I got myself a demon which increased my range. I got on a higher platform with my my main and my healer, sacrificed 2 party members to fend of the weaker guys. After that I just pushed on his elemental weakness until he finally died. But yeah I'm kinda stuck at what I think is the last boss cause there was A skill I should've cracked but for some dumb reason I never cracked anything for a big part in the beginning xD

#11 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@captain_awesome:  I didn't crack much in the beginning either, I'll regret it I know XP

But I figured I would bump this, I got past that part and now I'm facing Beldr the immortal. It's not that he's hard, I could totally kick his ass with normal moves. I'm level 30 now everyone else is 28-29 it's just that he usually manages to turn me to stone or wiggle away and flee like the coward he is..

It's frustraiting.. I've done a lot of fusing and everyone has new demons.. but still ARG STUPID BELDR

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.