A question about... (Ending Spoilers)

#1 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

Akira/Aquila. In the Blasted Tokyo vision that The White shows you, it's implied that Akira is King Aquila, the statue guy in Mikado. But aren't those visions supposed to represent what society will turn into if Walter/Lucifer or Jonathan/Merkabah get their way, and take place after the game, not before?

This is one part of the story that I don't really get.

#2 Edited by Vermisean (154 posts) -

I'm not 100% sure, but I get the feeling that the whole plot is part of a cycle. To me, the game implies that the fate of the world (regardless of your personal playthrough's outcome) is to repeat the cycle over and over. I see New Game+ as a continuation of your previous game, as another era of the world.

Just the feeling I got anyways!

#3 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
#4 Posted by Bocam (3755 posts) -

There's a side quest you can get late in the game that implies time flows differently in Mikado compared to Tokyo.

#5 Edited by Vermisean (154 posts) -

@donutfever: No problem! Just my interpretation of course, and to Bocam's comment, I had forgotten about that but that's right!

I wonder if that could be implied to mean it's circular? Hmmm.

#6 Posted by bbrcher (67 posts) -

Not to derail, but I'm very close to the end and have done most of the side quests. Which one was the one where it implied the time difference? It would make sense and also not make sense to me. If time flowed differently, going in and out of the tower would have drastic changes each time you came back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.