Anyone else notice the StreetPass update?

#1 Posted by Zeik (2368 posts) -

I was just browsing the eshop and noticed it. Does anyone know what it actually does? The very minimal amount of info on the shop doesn't help at all, other than telling me it's an update for StreetPass.

#2 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

You can create a streetpass profile card for your SMTIV character. It shows what level you are, what stats you have. Stuff like that. You can also offer up a demon to be put into the card and can be transferred to other people. The downside is that demon isn't usable when in the card. It's just streetpass shit for SMTIV.

#3 Posted by Zeik (2368 posts) -

That's not actually what I was asking about. There's an actual update on the eshop that you have to download.

After a little digging it appears it just allows you to access the Streetpass bonuses for Streetpassing someone with Etrian Odyssey 4 or Soul Hackers.

#4 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

I wasn't to the point where I was able to turn on Streetpass when I downloaded the patch then. In fact, after downloading that update and playing a bit I unlocked Streetpassing so I always just assumed that it gave the streetpass functionality to the game. My bad.

#5 Posted by believer258 (11802 posts) -

@zeik said:

That's not actually what I was asking about. There's an actual update on the eshop that you have to download.

After a little digging it appears it just allows you to access the Streetpass bonuses for Streetpassing someone with Etrian Odyssey 4 or Soul Hackers.

I wish I could just get those bonuses if I owned the games, since these titles aren't amazingly popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.